Notorious criminal shot dead in NoidaApril 12th, 2010 - 2:43 pm ICT by ANI
Noida (Uttar Pradesh), Apr 12 (ANI): A notorious criminal carrying a bounty of Rs 50,000 on his head, was shot dead in an encounter by the Noida Police.
Farooq ‘Langda’ was killed in an exchange of fire with the police.
Acting on a tip off, the police started searching vehicles on Express Highway and spotted a suspicious Maruti Zen car.
In the cross fire, Farooq alias Langda died, while the other two managed to escape.
“We got information that a gang was going to do something and sent our team to the spot to stop them. When they were located, police started firing, and they counter-fired. One of the criminals named Farooq ‘Langda’ died, while the other two ran away,” said City Superintendent of Police (SP) Ashok Kumar Tripathi.
“We found that they had looted Rs one crore from Panipat in 2007. We also announced a prize money of 50,000 rupees for any one, who will help us catch him,” Tripathi added.
A pistol and a rifle were recovered from the car.
Langda, a resident of Nissari village in Meerut District, had a number of criminal cases filed against him. (ANI)
- Criminal carrying Rs.50,000 reward killed in Noida - Apr 12, 2010
- Rs.33 lakh looted from bank van (Lead, changing dateline) - Mar 31, 2012
- Notorious criminals arrested in Ghaziabad - Jun 17, 2012
- Criminal gunned down in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 09, 2010
- Police gun down criminal - Jan 05, 2011
- Wanted criminal gunned down in Noida - Jan 02, 2010
- Weapon 'robbed' by Tewatia recovered - Jul 10, 2011
- Man robbed at gunpoint, three car thefts in Noida - Sep 08, 2010
- Villagers lynch two dacoits - Jul 26, 2011
- Man shot dead in Noida health club - Mar 03, 2010
- Wanted gangster killed in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 31, 2011
- SIT to probe Maruti's fresh violence - Jul 19, 2012
- Government doctor killed in Uttar Pradesh - Mar 09, 2011
- Businessman kills abductor, escapes - Dec 15, 2010
- Company manager shot dead in Meerut - Apr 12, 2012