Notification for second phase of West Bengal polls issuedMarch 30th, 2011 - 1:22 pm ICT by ANI
Kolkata, Mar 30 (ANI): The notification for the second phase of West Bengal Assembly polls was issued today.
The second phase election will take place in 50 seats of Murshidabad, Nadia and Birbhum districts on April 23.
The last day of filing nominations is April 6.
The nomination papers will be scrutinized on April 7 while last date of withdrawal is April 9.
Meanwhile, the filing of nominations are on for the first phase of Assembly elections in the state. Altogether, 177 nominations were filed till Tuesday for this phase, which will take place in the 54 seats covering six North Bengal districts on April 18.
The state will have elections in six phases. The first phase of voting will take place on April 18, second phase on April 23, third phase on April 27, fourth phase on May 3, fifth phase on May 7 and sixth phase on May 10.
The total number of assembly constituencies in West Bengal is 294, of which 68 are reserved for the Scheduled Castes and 16 for the Scheduled Tribes.
The Election Commission has said that polling will take place at 51,919 polling stations. (ANI)
- Notification for fifth phase of West Bengal polls issued - Apr 11, 2011
- Notification for fourth phase of WB polls issued - Apr 07, 2011
- Election Commission to deploy police observers for West Bengal polls - Mar 28, 2011
- West Bengal CM files nomination papers in Jadavpore - Apr 05, 2011
- Campaigning for second phase of West Bengal polls ends today - Apr 21, 2011
- 760 companies of central forces to be deployed for WB polls - Mar 25, 2011
- CEC to review poll preparedness in West Bengal - Mar 22, 2011
- WB polls: EC to visit Kolkata to review poll preparedness - Mar 21, 2011
- Polling underway for second phase of West Bengal elections - Apr 23, 2011
- WB polls: Mamata allots 64 seats to Congress - Mar 18, 2011
- Congress, Trinamool to hold another round of W. Bengal seat sharing talks - Mar 16, 2011
- West Bengal polls: Netai villagers hope for healthier infrastructure - Apr 12, 2011
- Bengal polls: Mamata undertakes another padayatra in Kolkata - Apr 01, 2011
- 53 percent polling in West Bengal till 2 p.m. - Apr 23, 2011
- WB polls: Displeased Congress to take a final call after Holi - Mar 19, 2011
Tags: assembly constituencies, assembly elections, assembly polls, birbhum, election commission, fifth phase, fourth phase, last date, nadia, nomination papers, north bengal, polling stations, scheduled castes, second phase, sixth phase, tribes, west bengal