Northern Grid trips, delays trainsJanuary 2nd, 2010 - 5:20 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jalandhar, Amritsar, Jan 2 (ANI): A heavy fog across North India on Saturday morning resulted in the Northern Power Grid tripping and causing a delay and cancellations of train services.
Passengers were stranded at stations in New Delhi, Jalandhar and Amritsar.
Stranded passengers in Delhi complained about mismanagement and lack of information available at the railway station.
“There is no information with us right now. We are dying in this cold and the fog is not abating. There is no information whether the trains will come or not. It’s such an important train, Rajdhani, and there is no information displayed. Even the information board outside is not working,” complained Suresh Sharma, a passenger in New Delhi.
The case was the same with passengers waiting at the Jalandhar Railway Station. With no information available and nobody to listen to their complaints, passengers were frustrated.
“None of the trains have arrived here and moreover, there is no information whether the trains have even started or not. There is nobody at the enquiry to listen to us or to give us information,” said Harvinder Kaur, a passenger in Jalandhar.
Along with the Shatabadi Express, a large number of super-fast trains as well as express trains were also running behind schedule.
Passengers waiting at the Amritsar Railway Station however, had some information available to them.
“Due to the power failure, everybody here is facing problems. The trains are getting delayed and cancelled. We are very worried as our family members and relatives are waiting for us at the other end. Our train was supposed to reach there at 2:30 yesterday. They must be really worried as to why our train hasn’t reached yet,” said Preeti Chadha, a passenger in Amritsar. (ANI)
- Heavy fog disrupts flights, trains in Delhi (Lead) - Dec 26, 2010
- Farmers block rail, road traffic in Punjab - Dec 08, 2011
- Heavy fog hit hard air, rail traffic (Evening Lead) - Dec 27, 2010
- Fog hits flights, trains in Delhi again (Lead) - Dec 27, 2010
- Dense fog hits hard Delhi, north India (Roundup) - Dec 27, 2010
- Chaos at New Delhi station as Gujjars protest - Dec 21, 2010
- Fog hits Delhi, disrupts flights, trains (Second Lead) - Dec 26, 2010
- Fog again hits flights, trains in Delhi (Second Lead) - Dec 27, 2010
- Thick fog in Delhi hits flights, trains services (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Rains bring respite from fog in Delhi, 68 trains affected (Second Lead) - Dec 28, 2010
- Thick fog in cold Delhi, commuters hit - Jan 19, 2012
- Passengers suffer yet again as fog hits Delhi (Lead) - Jan 27, 2010
- Dense fog envelops Delhi, flights, trains disrupted again - Dec 27, 2010
- Fog disrupts train schedule in Delhi - Jan 05, 2010
- Dense fog disrupts air, rail and road traffic in Delhi - Dec 26, 2010
Tags: amritsar, cancellations, chadha, enquiry, express trains, family members, fog, information board, jalandhar, mismanagement, New Delhi, north india, northern grid, power failure, power grid, preeti, railway station, rajdhani, saturday morning, train services