North East gives a huge welcome to its new icon, Amit PaulNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:23 am ICT by admin
Paul’s iconic status was in full display in Shillong when he recently came to thank the people for supporting his candidature for the competition Indian idol.
“It was really pleasing that everyone coming together. This much of support was really pleasing,” said Amit.
People of Meghalya treated Amit as a winner, and he was chosen by the State Government as the Ambassador for peace, communal harmony and excellence.
“Amit has built a friendship bridge between the tribal and non-tribal communities in Meghalaya as well as in the whole North East,” said Rahul, his fan.
Assam too gave a red carpet welcome to Amit. He is a phenomenon in the North East, youngster look forward to him as the epitome of success, intelligentsia portrays him as a symbol of North Eastern unity and common people find in him a representative of their creative voice-a representative of their aspirations and dreams.
Swati, another fan added, “Amit has become the icon of northeast. As far as my opinion is concerned, I consider him the ambassador and leading model of northeast.”
For Raj, who thinks that Amit is a lesson for us, said, “I would like to appeal to the younger generation to come up with their talent because this would create a better society.”
Amit’s humble beginning, his sheer effort and big dream has made him today a symbol of the new generation.
“I would like to say that they should join Indian idol. They should even sing well and prosper in their life,” said Amit.
If cricket has Dhoni, Irfan Pathan, Sreesanth as boys making big at the national level, Amit comes in the same league but he symbolises not one state but dreams of new North East that wants to register its presence in the national consciousness.
Today nobody asks which tribe or which place or which community Amit belongs.
The Indian idol star lives in each of them, he represents the sea of humanity, and he is voice of everybody and a star that twinkles and shines in the eyes of all. (ANI)
- In Meghalaya, Sangma's chances are the talking point (With Images) (Meghalaya Newsletter) - Jul 20, 2012
- Iconic Left leader's body cremated in Tripura - Jun 09, 2011
- Tripura's royal palaces to be turned into musuems - Jun 26, 2012
- Left wants forest land norms relaxed for non-tribals - Apr 01, 2011
- Shillong ready to host its first fashion show (With Images) - Sep 12, 2012
- Lajong ropes in MNC as stakeholder - Feb 29, 2012
- Meghalaya halts land acquisition by industries - Mar 23, 2011
- 'Indian Idol 6' winner wants to compose too (With Images) - Sep 02, 2012
- Amit Tandon to host talent show for women - Aug 04, 2012
- IAS official suspended for selling tribal land - Oct 11, 2011
- Tripura celebrates `Kharchi' festival - Aug 09, 2010
- CPI-M to launch stir for reserving jobs for Muslims - Feb 26, 2012
- Determined to contest, Sangma quits NCP (Second Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Historical Kharchi tribal festival begins in Agartala - Jul 21, 2010
- 'Rise of Maoists due to injustice with tribals' - Nov 12, 2011
Tags: ambassador, amit paul, communal harmony, creative voice, dreams, epitome, friendship bridge, geographical boundaries, humble beginning, indian idol, intelligentsia, irfan pathan, national consciousness, prosper, representative, sheer effort, shillong, sreesanth, tribal communities, unity