No regret on remarks for Advani: Manmohan SinghApril 19th, 2009 - 8:12 pm ICT by ANI
Guwahati, April 19 (ANI): Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh on Sunday said he did not regret about his recent comments about senior BJP leader Lal Krishna Advani, as it was the latter who has engaged into using such a mud-slinging for five years against him.
“No. I don’t regret anything because Mr. Advani has been mudslinging for the last 5 years against me. He has been saying I am a Nikamma (useless) PM, subservient to Sonia Gandhi that I am the weakest PM. I did not reply to any of these things. But now that the Congress party has declared me prime ministerial candidate, I owe it to the country to reply to this charge that I am the weakest PM, subservient to Mrs. Gandhi and that everything I do, I have to (get it) cleared with 10 Janpath. These are charges which have hurt me but I have never said anything. Mr. Advani has no business to complain,” said Dr. Singh while talking to NDTV.
“He started it. He’s been at it for last 5 years and it’s only now that I have replied to that sort of mudslinging,” Dr. Singh added.
Replying to hypothetical question about a situation where Left Front gains a commanding position to enable the UPA to form government but scrapping of Nuke-deal is set as a pre-condition, Manmohan Singh said: “Well… I hope that stage will not arise.” (ANI)
- N-deal will not impede post-poll tie-up, PM hopes - Apr 19, 2009
- PM talks peace with Advani, but has 'no regrets' for barbs (Roundup) - Apr 19, 2009
- Advani renews attack on PM, calls him indecisive - Oct 20, 2011
- Manmohan Singh weakest PM: Advani - Oct 17, 2011
- Advani on 'weak' PM: Just calling a spade a spade - Oct 21, 2011
- Advani should mind his words, feels Manmohan Singh - Oct 20, 2011
- Northeast exodus: Pakistan rejects Indian charge - Aug 19, 2012
- Advani like old gramaphone record, says Congress - Feb 15, 2011
- PM asks Advani to wait for his chance (Lead) - Mar 23, 2011
- Advani on 'weak' PM: Just calling a spade a spade (Roundup) - Oct 21, 2011
- Will support political party that fights graft: Hazare - Sep 13, 2011
- I liked Manmohan when he wasn't PM: Advani - Nov 02, 2011
- Combative Manmohan refutes opposition charges of buying MPs (Roundup) - Mar 23, 2011
- Combative Manmohan refutes Opposition charges of buying MPs (Intro-roundup) - Mar 23, 2011
- PM's Sri Lanka resolution statement is evasive and useless: Jayalalithaa - Mar 20, 2012
Tags: bjp leader, congress party, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, guwahati, hypothetical question, krishna, lal krishna advani, manmohan, manmohan singh, mr advani, mrs gandhi, mud, mudslinging, ndtv, prime minister, prime ministerial candidate, sonia gandhi, UPA