No reduction in petrol, diesel prices now: DeoraSeptember 1st, 2008 - 8:36 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sep 1 (ANI): The Union Government today ruled out an immediate reduction in petrol and diesel prices as state-run firms are still running into daily loss of over Rs 400 crore despite softening in international oil prices.
Where is the scope for reducing prices? Oil companies are still making losses, Petroleum Minister Murli Deora told reporters.
The drop in international oil prices has resulted in revenue loss of Indian Oil, Bharat Petroleum and Hindustan Petroleum dip to Rs 400 crore per day from Rs 450 crore a fortnight back.
Oil companies continue to lose money on sale of petrol, diesel, (domestic) LPG and kerosene. There has not been so much reduction in global prices to warrant a price cut, Petroleum Secretary R S Pandey said.
The basket of crude oil India buys averaged 111.09 dollar a barrel in the second fortnight of August as compared with 117.37 dollar per barrel in the first fortnight of the month.
Based on an average price of the second fortnight of August, retailers are losing Rs 6.31 per litre on petrol, Rs 13.69 on diesel, Rs 31.39 on kerosene and Rs 312.58 per 14.2-kg LPG cylinder.
Pandey said the revenue loss of retailers will be fully compensated, through a combination of oil bonds and assistance from upstream firms like ONGC. (ANI)
- No deregulation of diesel, kerosene, LPG prices - Aug 21, 2012
- Fresh petrol price hike of Rs.1.80 per litre - Nov 03, 2011
- Oil marketing firms losing Rs.518 crore per day - May 01, 2012
- India Inc calls for dual pricing of diesel, LPG - May 24, 2012
- No plan to hike diesel, LPG, kerosene prices: Reddy - May 28, 2012
- Oil firms mulling another price hike - Nov 01, 2011
- May consider reduction of diesel subsidy : Reddy - Feb 15, 2012
- Diesel under-recoveries of oil companies rise 14 percent - Aug 16, 2012
- EGoM on fuel price hike deferred for next week: Jaipal Reddy - May 10, 2011
- Government to decide on diesel, LPG price hike Friday - May 24, 2012
- 'Oil companies will decide on petrol price hike' - Nov 02, 2011
- Oil companies to bear Rs.121,571 crore under-recoveries: Reddy - Oct 19, 2011
- Indian Oil Corporation's Q3 net profit up 52.2 percent - Feb 13, 2012
- Forced to hike petrol prices, say government, oil firms - Nov 04, 2011
- No alternative to petrol price hike: Deora - Jan 17, 2011