No question of rejection, we are examining material given to us, says Shahid MalikJanuary 6th, 2009 - 7:42 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan 6 (ANI): Pakistan’’s High Commissioner to India, Shahid Malik, today said there is no question of rejecting the evidences of the recent Mumbai terror attacks.
Speaking to media persons on the sidelines of a conference here, Malik said Pakistan is examining the evidence handed over to it.
Malik was reacting a day after India handed over to Pakistan evidence of links with elements in Pakistan to the Mumbai terror attack, and said it expected Islamabad to carry out a prompt investigation.
The evidence includes material from the interrogation of Mohammed Ajmal Kasab, the Pakistani national who is in police custody for his role in the terror attack, details of the terrorists” communication links with elements in Pakistan during the Mumbai attacks, recovered weapons and equipment and other articles, and data retrieved from recovered GPS and satellite phones.
The coordinated strikes in Mumbai by ten gunmen killed 179 people. India has blamed Pakistani militants for the attacks. (ANI)
- India hands over evidence on Mumbai attacks to Pakistan - Jan 05, 2009
- India shares Mumbai evidence with Pakistan (Lead) - Jan 05, 2009
- 'Pakistan in bind on Kasab letter' - Jan 05, 2009
- Mulford says FBI will get to the bottom of the Mumbai attack conspiracy - Jan 05, 2009
- Pakistan confirms receiving evidence on Mumbai attacks - Jan 05, 2009
- Mumbai Attack: Pakistan will act if India''s evidence is credible: Gilani - Jan 05, 2009
- India gives 26/11 evidence to Pakistan, asks for 'actual action' (Roundup) - Jan 05, 2009
- Mumbai attack: Indian envoy meets Pakistani minister - Dec 27, 2011
- Kasab, aides planned to return to Karachi, SC told (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- India welcomes Pakistan judicial commission's visit - Nov 05, 2011
- Pakistan waits for Indian response over judicial panel - Nov 20, 2011
- Pakistan 'examining' evidence, but indicates it is 'insufficient' (Lead, changing dateline) - Jan 06, 2009
- Mumbai attack: Pak officials discuss Indian dossier - Jan 10, 2009
- Pakistan's implausible deniability - Nov 29, 2010
- Jundal records statement before magistrate - Aug 12, 2012
Tags: ajmal, evidences, gps, gunmen, high commissioner, interrogation, kasab, media persons, militants, mohammed, mumbai, New Delhi, pakistan, police custody, rejection, satellite phones, shahid malik, sidelines, strikes, terror attack