Nitish Govt. in Bihar to scrap fund allocation for MLAs, MLCsDecember 10th, 2010 - 10:10 pm ICT by ANI
Patna, Dec 10 (ANI): The Nitish Kumar Government has decided to scrap the existing allocation of funds for Local Area Development (LAD) scheme for Bihar MLAs and MLCs in an attempt to get rid of corruption.
This was reportedly decided at a meeting of the state cabinet presided over by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar at the State Secretariat. Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi was also present in the meeting.
The Chief Minister is reported to have brought the issue into notice at a meeting held recently of the legislators belonging to the National Democratic Alliance.
Speaking to the media about the decision taken in the two-hour long meeting, State Cabinet and Coordination Department’s Principal Secretary Afzal Amanullah said the cabinet decided in principle to scrap allocation of LAD funds for MLAs and MLCs.
“The next cabinet meeting scheduled to take place on December 14 will discuss an alternative scheme. The decision was taken in the light of charges of corruption being raised from several quarters,” said Amanullah.
“The cabinet accepted recommendations of the Padmanabhan Committee for Bihar Judicial Service (BJS) officers on grant of benefits, allowances and other facilities,” he added.
Sushil Modi would be minister in-charge cum Chairman of Patna district as per the new notification, while Vijay Kumar Choudhary would be the new minister in-charge for Bhojpur and Buxar. (ANI)
- Bihar cabinet approves legislators fund's abolition - Dec 14, 2010
- JD-U MP opposes Nitish's move to scrap legislators fund - Dec 11, 2010
- Jharkhand legislators for retaining development funds - Dec 12, 2010
- Bihar dismisses six BDOs for corruption - Feb 08, 2012
- Lalu attacks Nitish over Modi handshake (Lead) - May 06, 2012
- Trinidad and Tobago PM to visit ancestral Bihar village - Dec 30, 2011
- Nitish, Rabri Devi file nominations - Apr 11, 2012
- Bihar BJP ministers likely to stay away from cabinet meeting - Jun 22, 2010
- Bihar Assembly chaos : Congress woman flings flower pots - Jul 21, 2010
- Under attack, Nitish to probe Bihar land bonanza (Second Lead) - Jul 19, 2011
- Nitish, Modi don't vote - Jul 19, 2012
- Slippers hurled at Bihar Speaker, 17 RJD, LJP MLAs suspended - Jul 21, 2010
- Nitish Kumar rules out contesting assembly polls - Jan 20, 2012
- Bihar will not allow FDI in retail: Deputy chief minister - Jul 24, 2012
- Nitish, Bihar ministers declare assets - Jan 03, 2012
Tags: afzal, amanullah, bhojpur, bihar, cabinet meeting, coordination department, deputy chief minister, fund allocation, judicial service, lad, legislators, mlcs, modi, national democratic alliance, nitish kumar, principal secretary, state cabinet, state secretariat, sushil kumar, vijay kumar