Nithari killings continue to haunt Noida residents

December 27th, 2007 - 8:00 pm ICT by admin  

Noida, Dec 27 (ANI): Even a year after the killing of at least 19 women and children after being sexually assaulted at a bungalow in Noida surfaced, the memories of the gruesome incident continue to haunt the residents in Noida.
Police have filed charges against Moninder Singh Pandher, the owner of the house where the incident took place, and his servant Surender Koli.
The victims parents want rigid punishment for the accused.
The government have done their bit. Awarding the accused death sentence will ensure just some minutes of suffering. I want him to suffer throughout his life,” said Ram Kishan, a victims father.
In December last year, businessman Pandher and Koli were arrested when human remains, including body parts and skulls, mostly of children, were found in the backyard and drain of Pandher’s house.
“We are very scared and do not go near that place during the night,” said Ajitabh Pratab Chauhan, a child.
A case has been registered against Pandher and Koli under various sections of the Indian Penal Code, including rape, murder, kidnapping, and criminal conspiracy.
The anxious and worried parents of the children who had gone missing in the last two years had rushed to the Nithari village as word spread that the skeletal remains of children had been found in a sewer behind the house of a factory owner.
Koli, who worked as a cook in Pandher’s house, where the killings took place, had confessed to the killings during the narco-analysis tests and had even confessed to cannibalism.
Nineteen people, mostly children, were killed at the sprawling bungalow in the industrial town of NOIDA, in Uttar Pradesh in December 2006. (ANI)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in National |