NIOC gives green light to Indian OVL to develop Farsi blockNovember 18th, 2008 - 5:01 pm ICT by ANI
Nicosia, Nov 18 (ANI) The National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC) has formally approved the feasibility report submitted by ONGC Videsh Ltd (OVL) and its consortium partners on the discovery made in Iran’’s Farsi offshore block, which covers an area of 3,5000 sq km.
The feasibility report was submitted by OVL and its partners - the Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) and Oil India Ltd last December.
Following this development, the consortium of Indian companies led by OVL, can now work towards the development of the gas field. Iran follows a bidding mechanism for giving development rights.
According to estimates, the block holds recoverable gas reserves of about 12.5 trillion cubic feet of gas and 1 billion barrels of oil in place.
The Indian companies plan to invest close to three billion dollars to develop the gas field. They have already invested 90 million dollars so far in the field. This was the first block where OVL, as an operator, had struck oil and gas.
OVL had won the bid for the 3,500-sq-km Farsi offshore block in early 2002 and signed the exploration service contract with NIOC on December 25, 2002.
OVL is the operator of the block with a 40 per cent participating interest, while IOC holds another 40 per cent and the remaining 20 per cent stake is held by Oil India.(ANI)
- Latin America - Energising India (Comment) - Jun 21, 2012
- Myanmar gas exploration contract inked - Jun 11, 2012
- India seeks more crude oil imports from Nigeria - Mar 16, 2011
- ONGC to develop gas fields in Iran - Dec 02, 2009
- ONGC-Videsh favours joint exploration with Russian firms - Mar 20, 2010
- ONGC Videsh declares progressive 2009-10 financial results - May 22, 2010
- Iran finds new gas field - Aug 09, 2011
- India, Angola to sign deal on hydrocarbon sector - Jan 27, 2010
- Iran finds major helium reserve - Oct 01, 2011
- Canada's Bengal Energy gets Cauvery hycrocarbon block - Jul 01, 2010
- Bidders response to India's new oil, gas blocks was satisfactory: Jaipal Reddy - Mar 28, 2011
- India keen to invest in Sudan's oil projects - Oct 30, 2010
- India, Angola agree for cooperation in hydrocarbon sector - Jan 27, 2010
- Thai company to explore oil in Myanmar - Feb 13, 2012
- India has not withdrawn from Vietnamese oil block: Minister - Aug 18, 2012
Tags: bidding mechanism, billion dollars, consortium partners, cubic feet, feasibility report, india ltd, indian oil, indian oil corporation, ioc, iranian oil company, national iranian oil, national iranian oil company, nioc, oil and gas, oil india, ongc videsh, ovl, recoverable gas reserves, service contract, trillion