Nine militants killed in KashmirSeptember 29th, 2008 - 4:27 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, Sept 29 (ANI): The death toll today in the ongoing operation to track town militants in high-altitude areas of Kashmir valley has gone up to nine.
According to sources, two bodies of the two slain militants were recovered from Kangan, 40 km from Srinagar today.
The identity and group affiliation of the deceased are yet to be established.
The operation was launched on Thursday following information that a group of militants was moving from Bandipora to Kangan in Ganderbal district.
So far, seven suspected foreign militants were killed in fierce gunbattles at Lawantaz forest in the jurisdiction of Kangan police station. While three militants were killed on Thursday, four ultras were gunned down on Saturday in the biggest operation against the rebels in the recent months.
An army jawan was also killed during the operation. (ANI)
- Five militants killed in Kashmir encounter - Sep 16, 2010
- Avalanches kill 12 army personnel in Kashmir (Third Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- Major infiltration bid foiled, 12 Lashkar men killed (Lead) - Aug 20, 2011
- Eleven army personnel killed in Kashmir avalanches (Second Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- Slain Hizbul commander behind 30 civilians' killings: Army - Oct 14, 2011
- Two foreign guerrillas killed in Kashmir's Sopore (Second Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Five LeT guerrillas killed in Kashmir gunfight (Second Lead) - May 07, 2010
- Two guerrillas killed in Kashmir gunfight - May 27, 2011
- Top LeT commander killed in Jammu and Kashmir - May 09, 2009
- 2 militants killed at Kulgam, 3 miscreants arrested at Srinagar in J-K - Nov 01, 2010
- Four guerrillas killed in Kashmir (Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Seven militants, soldier killed in J-K encounters - Sep 28, 2008
- Eleven army soldiers killed in Kashmir avalanche (Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- Nine army troopers killed in Kashmir avalanche - Feb 23, 2012
- Srinagar dead were 'fidayeen' on mission to attack Indian military bases: JiM - Oct 23, 2010