Nicole Kidman says filming Australia is a dream come trueSeptember 15th, 2008 - 7:09 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne , Sep 15 (ANI): Hollywood actress Nicole Kidman has revealed that filming her upcoming epic flick Australia is a dream come true.
The The Others actress has described the flick, directed by Baz Luhrmann, based on her native country Australia as the last of a dying breed.
They don”t build stuff like this any more,” The Age quoted Kidman, as telling The Sunday Times newspaper in Britain .
“To feel that air and see people ravaged by the elements, as hard as it is, it’’s exquisite, she added.
Kidman, who is acting alongside Hugh Jackman in the film, plays Lady Sarah Ashley, a British aristocrat who inherits a massive outback station on the eve of World War II.
“I dreamt of making a film that had the passion and the weight of the films I grew up watching - Gone with the Wind, Doctor Zhivago, when Baz and I first started speaking about this, seven years ago, I said there needed to be a film about our land that speaks on a much broader scale.” Kidman said.
Luhrmann revealed that he and wife Catherine, who helped produced the film, have turned down major movie projects so they could take their time making Australia .
“There’’s a crushing ambition behind the film,” the age quoted Luhrmann, as saying.
“We don”t make things very often, and when we do, we try to make something that isn”t always out there, a meal that maybe isn”t being served every day, he added. (ANI)
- I reinvented the musical: Baz Luhrmann - Oct 24, 2010
- Jackman bonded with Pattinson over karaoke - Oct 14, 2011
- Working with Baz Luhrmann sheer delight: Big B (With Images) - May 22, 2012
- Amitabh shares 'The Great Gatsby' experience - Oct 15, 2011
- Nicole Kidman agreed to 'Australia' without reading script - Dec 30, 2008
- Nicole Kidman squirmed in her seat while watching 'Australia' - Jan 09, 2009
- Amitabh enjoying shooting for 'The Great Gatsby' - Oct 14, 2011
- Kidman braves cold in see-through dress for London premiere of Australia - Dec 11, 2008
- Director Baz Luhrmann says shooting for Australia was punishing - Oct 15, 2008
- Baz Luhrmann had many endings for Australia - Nov 27, 2008
- Amitabh Bachchan signs first Hollywood film - Sep 07, 2011
- Hugh Jackman's wife questions his sexiest man title - Dec 19, 2008
- Jude Law joins Heath Ledger scholarship panel - Dec 10, 2009
- Big B on his first Hollywood venture - Sep 10, 2011
- Luhrmann made ''big mistake'' casting Nicole Kidman for Australia, says UK critic - Nov 21, 2008
Tags: actress nicole kidman, ambition, baz luhrmann, british aristocrat, country australia, doctor zhivago, flick, gone with the wind, hollywood actress, hugh jackman, lady sarah, last of a dying breed, melbourne, nicole kidman, outback station, sarah ashley, seven years, sunday times, wife catherine, world war ii