NIA to quiz jailed Hizbul linkman in Delhi blastSeptember 28th, 2011 - 10:58 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Sep 28 (IANS) The National Investigating Agency (NIA) is again in Jammu and Kashmir’s Kishtwar town, this time seeking judicial permission to quiz a jailed overground activist of militant outfit Hizbul Mujahideen for its probe in the Sep 7 Delhi High Court blast.
According to police sources, a team of NIA officials reached Kishtwar town from where it had earlier arrested three youth in connection with an e-mail claiming responsibility for the blast that killed 15 people and injured more than 70. One of the youth was later released.
“NIA has sought permission from additional district magistrate to interrogate Azhar Ali Bhat who was arrested last year from Kishtwar on charges of recruiting youth for his organization, the source told IANS over phone from Kishtwar, 230 km northeast of Jammu.
Azhar, arrested under the Public Safety Act, is lodged in Kot Bhalwal Jail on edge of Jammu.
The NIA team is expected to reach Jammu Thursday to interrogate him.
“This indicates that investigating team has got some clue about Hizbul’s connections with the blasts though the e-mail had claimed that HuJI (Harkat-ul-Jehad-Islami) carried out these blasts,” the source said.
- Delhi blast: NIA looks for Kishtwar suspect's brother - Oct 20, 2011
- NIA raids suspects' residences in Jammu, Kishtwar - Oct 19, 2011
- Delhi blast mastermind trapped in Kishtwar? - Nov 15, 2011
- Delhi blast: Email suspects being quizzed - Sep 11, 2011
- NIA releases one of three arrested youth - Sep 24, 2011
- Kishtwar student a conspirator in Delhi blast, says NIA - Sep 22, 2011
- HuJI e-mail sender arrested - Sep 09, 2011
- Probe widens in Mumbai blasts, detonators remain mystery - Jul 18, 2011
- Delhi blast: 2 Kashmir email suspects sent to police custody - Sep 14, 2011
- Delhi blast: No breakthrough - Sep 09, 2011
- Delhi blast: All but two detainees released in Kashmir - Sep 13, 2011
- Delhi blast: Kashmir cops seek email suspects' remand - Sep 14, 2011
- Blast case accused Kashmiri boy released for exam - Feb 16, 2012
- NIA quizzing Kishtwar youth, family asserts his innocence - Oct 08, 2011
- Kishtwar student sent to NIA custody till Oct 7 - Sep 23, 2011
Tags: activist, azhar ali, bhat, blasts, claiming responsibility, clue, delhi high court, district magistrate, e mail, harkat ul, huji, investigating agency, islami, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, kishtwar, linkman, mujahideen, police sources, public safety act