NHRC to hold seminar in Hindi in PuducherryFebruary 8th, 2011 - 9:01 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 8 (ANI): The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) is organizing a seminar in Hindi on ‘Literature, Society and Human Rights’ in collaboration with the Hindi Department of Pondicherry University in Puducherry from Thursday.
A number of issues under the theme of the seminar will be discussed during the two-day seminar comprising three academic sessions in addition to inaugural and valedictory sessions. NHRC Secretary General K.S. Money will chair the inaugural session, and Pondicherry University Vice Chancellor Prof. J.A.K. Tareen will be the guest of honour on the occasion.
Several prominent speakers are expected to address the seminar and participate in the deliberations.
These include among others Prof. Nand Kishore Acharya, well known Hindi writer and thinker, Achutanand Mishra, well known Hindi journalist, Sheen Kauf Nizam, well known Islamic thinker and winner of Sahitya Academy Award, R. Chandra Mohan, Chief Secretary, Government of Puducherry and Prof. V. Vizialakshmi, Head, Hindi Department, Pondicherry University. (ANI)
- Centenary celebrations galore at World Book Fair (Curtain Rasier) - Feb 23, 2012
- Welfare schemes not implemented well: NHRC chief - Jun 16, 2011
- India needs more translations: Mushirul Hasan - Mar 06, 2010
- Protect human rights to achieve security goals: Experts - Aug 04, 2010
- NHRC holds debate competition for para-military forces - Nov 18, 2011
- Need better education facilities for girls: Balakrishnan - May 05, 2011
- Jayanthi praises Ramesh - Jul 21, 2011
- Marathi writer Subhash Bhende is dead - Dec 20, 2010
- NHRC praises Gujarat for helping Dalits - May 14, 2012
- Tagore culture carnival keeps capital busy - May 07, 2011
- Poland remembers noted Hindi poet Agyeya - Nov 14, 2011
- City Museum depicting Hyderabad's history inaugurated - Mar 12, 2012
- Widow gets Rs.3 lakh for custody death - Mar 16, 2012
- 'Arab spring is human awakening' - Feb 15, 2012
- Over 1500 delegates to attend Non-Resident Indians Day - Dec 23, 2009
Tags: academic sessions, academy award, chandra mohan, chief secretary, deliberations, guest of honour, human rights commission, inaugural session, kishore, literature society, nand, national human rights commission, nhrc, pondicherry university, puducherry, sahitya academy, sheen, tareen, thinker, vice chancellor