NHRC takes suo motu notice of Dalit discrimination in Madhya PradeshMay 6th, 2009 - 6:42 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 6 (ANI): The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has taken suo motu cognizance of a news report published in two parts in The Hindustan Times on May 5 and 6 under the title “Apartheid” alleging how dalit kids are being discriminated against in four districts - Jhabua, Sheopur, Katni and Ujjain of Madhya Pradesh.
The report has also alleged that health workers in these districts avoid Dalit hamlets and examine women without touching them.
The Commission in its proceeding said, the report, if true, raises serious issue of violation of human rights of Dalits and has issued a notice to the Chief Secretary of Madhya Pradesh seeking his comments on the report within four weeks.
The Commission is also deputing its investigation team to visit the places mentioned in the reports to conduct an on the spot inquiry. The team will submit its report to the Commission within four weeks. (ANI)
- Rights panel to probe Dalit discrimination in Madhya Pradesh - May 06, 2009
- NHRC issues notice to UP government - Jul 25, 2012
- NHRC takes up lynching of truck driver near Agra - Sep 21, 2011
- NHRC asks Bihar for report on students' thrashing - Jul 19, 2012
- NHRC issues notice to Orissa - Jul 27, 2011
- Rights panel notice to Delhi over injured boy - Feb 13, 2012
- Notice to Uttar Pradesh Police for dereliction of duty - Apr 28, 2011
- Rights panel to probe girl's murder in police station - Jun 12, 2011
- Woman delivers on road in Odisha, NHRC issues notice - Apr 12, 2012
- Notice to Bihar government on child rights violations - Sep 05, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh government issued notice for trials on Bhopal victims - Aug 09, 2011
- NHRC notice to Chhattisgarh over attack on Swami Agnivesh - Mar 30, 2011
- Punjab bans use of cancer causing pesticides in Malwa - Apr 21, 2012
- NHRC issues notice to Haryana on child's death - Feb 29, 2012
- Scheme for children under rights panel's lens - Jul 29, 2011
Tags: apartheid, chief secretary, cognizance, dalits, discrimination, health workers, hindustan times, human rights commission, investigation team, madhya pradesh, national human rights, national human rights commission, New Delhi, news report, nhrc, proceeding, ujjain, violation of human rights