NHRC reminds Delhi Police to take action in Batla House incidentOctober 20th, 2008 - 4:59 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi Oct.20 (ANI): The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has sent a fresh reminder to the the Commissioner of Police, Delhi, to take appropriate action in the Batla House encounter incident.
The NHRC has urged the Delhi Police to comply with its order of submitting a report to it on the incident within a fortnight.
The Commission has decided to issue reminder to Commissioner of Police, Delhi directing him to transit the post-mortem report of Mohd.Atif, Mohd. Sajid and Inspector Mohan Chand Sharma and also the inquest reports. He will also inform the Commission:-
1.Whether a Magisterial enquiry has been ordered, if so, the status of Magisterial enquiry.
2.Whether a criminal case regarding the incident has been registered, if so, the status of the investigation.
3.Whether the team of Special Cell visited L-18 Batla House on 13.10.08, if so, the purpose of visit.
As per Commissions orders, a reminder has been sent to the Delhi police Commissioner requesting that the complete report as directed by the Commission in the matter be sent latest by 31.10.08. (ANI)
- NHRC reminder to Delhi Police for Jamia shootout report - Oct 20, 2008
- NHRC pulls up Haryana Police over gunfight deaths - Mar 29, 2011
- NHRC issues notice to Tamil Nadu police on killings - Feb 24, 2012
- Notice to Uttar Pradesh government on medical officer's death - Jun 24, 2011
- Batla encounter: Muslim representative body rejects NHRC's clean chit to Delhi Police - Jul 27, 2009
- Jamia shootout: Delhi Police wants more time to submit report - Nov 01, 2008
- Batla House fit case for magisterial probe: NHRC - Mar 18, 2009
- NHRC gives clean chit to Delhi Police in Batla House encounter case - Jul 22, 2009
- Rights panel seeks report on Kashmir civilian's killing - Aug 10, 2011
- Rights panel reminds officials about Ramdev report - Jul 08, 2011
- BJP accuses Congress leader of 'vote bank' politics - Feb 04, 2010
- High Court rejects plea for judicial probe in Batla House encounter case - Aug 26, 2009
- Court seeks response from NHRC on Batla House shootout - Mar 04, 2009
- Protestors seek a judicial probe in Batla House encounter in New Delhi - Feb 06, 2010
- Human rights body not satisfied with Delhi shoot-out report - Jan 06, 2009
Tags: atif, chand, commissioner of police, commissions, criminal case, delhi police, encounter, enquiry, fortnight, human rights commission, inquest, mohan, national human rights, national human rights commission, New Delhi, nhrc, police commissioner, post mortem report, reminder, sajid