Newly constructed road connects 200 Jharkhand villagesMay 10th, 2009 - 4:57 pm ICT by ANI
By Anup Sinha
Ghatshila (Jharkhand), May 11 (ANI): A newly constructed road under the ‘Pradhanmantri Gram Sadak Yojana’ has connected 200 remote villages in Ghatshila in Jharkhand. It has brought a solace in villagers’ lives here.
Until the construction of this road, the Ghatshila subdivision of East Singhbhum of Jharkhand remained cut off from rest of the state.
People were forced to walk till the bus route. Farmers faced problems, as they could not take their produce to the market on time. There was no bus connecting the villages.
“The condition of the road was very bad. People used to face a lot of problem. But after the road was made, things have become convenient for us. Especially, for the farmers, they can go to the market anytime to sell their produce,” said Sunder, a resident.
The attendance at the schools was low, as children had to cover long distances to reach school. During the monsoons, especially when the water was clogged, the children came to school for as little as 10 days a month.
“Children used to face a lot of problem. Especially during the monsoons, water gets clogged everywhere. Children remained absent from the school. There should be more roads like this. Such schemes should continue,” said Urmila Kumari, a schoolteacher,
The ‘Pradhanmantri Gram Sadak Yojana’ was launched by the Central Government to connect rural habitations in remote parts of the country. The scheme is part of the government’s several initiatives for poverty reduction. (ANI)
- Will tailor rural roads scheme for northeast: Ramesh (Lead) - Feb 12, 2012
- Govt. grants aid for construction of rural roads in Manipur - Feb 07, 2011
- 'More autonomy for states to implement rural schemes' - Apr 08, 2012
- Will tailor rural roads scheme for northeast: Ramesh - Feb 12, 2012
- Ramesh writes to Sinha, refutes charges of discrimination - Aug 23, 2012
- Mayawati muisused funds for rural health, says PM - Feb 17, 2012
- Building Bihar, one road at a time - Feb 25, 2011
- Assam's Samuapara village benefits from development projects - Sep 26, 2010
- Tribals in Orissa village demanding construction of roads to nearby towns - Apr 03, 2011
- Over 400 centrally-funded roads found defective in Chhattisgarh - Mar 03, 2011
- Rural ministry working on village roads scheme, says Ramesh - May 19, 2012
- 240 habitats in Kashmir got road-links in 2011-12 - Apr 13, 2012
- Development will help fight Maoist menace: Arjun Munda (Interview) - Jan 24, 2012
- Tripura villages witness rapid development - Apr 19, 2011
- Central rural development schemes realizing Mahatma Gandhi's dream in Assam - Mar 03, 2010