New Pension Scheme launched in India for all citizensMay 1st, 2009 - 5:50 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 1 (ANI): The New Pension Scheme (NPS) has been launched on ‘Labour Day’ on Friday for all the citizens.
This followed the confirmation by the National Interim Pension Regulator of the scheduled launch of the Mega Pension Plan from Friday.
According to the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA), the necessary infrastructure for the roll out of the NPS is now ready and it will be available to all the citizens.
Under this scheme, the Central Government employees who joined on or after January 1, 2004 are also covered under this.
Besides the government employees, bank branches and post offices will be used to collect contributions for all the citizens.
Six pension fund managers will plan schemes and manage funds.
A central record-keeping agency has also been appointed.
All these institutions will be regulated by an independent regulator, the PFRDA. (ANI)
- Alankit Group to provide services to New Pension System subscribers - Mar 19, 2010
- Norms for registering pension fund managers revised - Jul 12, 2012
- Old age security scheme for informal sector workers - Aug 09, 2010
- New pension system to be offered to more segments - Jul 02, 2009
- Budget allocates Rs.100 crore to New Pension Scheme - Feb 26, 2010
- New Pension Scheme has just 1109 takers - Aug 11, 2009
- South Indian Bank largest service provider for pension scheme - Oct 26, 2009
- Cabinet clears Direct Tax Code Bill - Aug 26, 2010
- New pension scheme for low-income workers to be launched Sunday - Sep 25, 2010
- Agents' incentives needed to push pension scheme - Sep 11, 2009
- Employees Provident Fund approves Reliance-Nippon stake deal - Aug 07, 2012
- It is a status quo budget with routine announcements: Insurance sector (Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Insurance, pension amendment bills to be introduced - Mar 16, 2012
- 7 mn unorganised sector workers to get pensions - Apr 12, 2012
- Reliance Capital gets regulator's nod to sell stakes to Nippon Life - Jun 13, 2012
Tags: bank branches, central government, citizens, confirmation, government employees, independent regulator, India, institutions, january 1, labour day, launch, may 1, necessary infrastructure, New Delhi, nps, pension fund managers, pension plan, pension scheme, post offices