New movies in multiplexes from June 12June 6th, 2009 - 1:12 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, June 6 (ANI): Vashu Bhagnani’s ‘Kal Kisne Dekha’ will be the first film slated for release on June 12 as the two-month-long standoff between producers and multiplexes on revenue-sharing was resolved.
Big budgeted films like Sajid Nadiadwala’s ‘Kambhakth Ishq’, Yash Chopra’s ‘New York’ were the films which have been long due as the conflict was going on.
The standoff was resolved after a breakthrough meeting between the two parties reached a consensus on the issue.
Mukesh Bhatt, convenor of the United Producers and Distributors Forum (UPDF) and filmmaker said the negotiations to end the standoff ended on Friday morning and revenue share over ticket sales will now be distributed between the producers and multiplexes equally.
Producers and distributors under the banner of the UPDF had stalled new releases since April 4 over the issue, where the producers had demanded a revenue share of 50:50 ratio from the multiplex owners. But the latter refused stating they will give 45:55 ratio, and will give 50:50 only if a film is a hit at the box office.
Bhatt said producers and distributors will retain the right to chose and release the film as per its content and entertainment tax will not be charged where it is not applicable. Bhatt confirmed that new films would be released from next Friday onwards.
During the two month deadlock producers, distributors and multiplexes have lost over 200 crore rupees. (ANI)
- Standoff between producers and multiplexes resolved - Jun 05, 2009
- Bollywood rejoices after settling dispute with multiplexes (Lead) - Jun 05, 2009
- Producers strike cost Bollywood Rs.3 bn - Jun 05, 2009
- Strike over, multiplexes in two minds over telecasting T20 matches - Jun 06, 2009
- No advance bookings for 'Harry Potter' yet - Jul 14, 2011
- Multiplex owners happy with revenue sharing solution - Jun 05, 2009
- Production houses announce release dates of major films - Jun 05, 2009
- Producer-multiplex revenue sharing talks end in stalemate - May 05, 2009
- Bollywood producers reach deal with multiplexes, end strike - Jun 05, 2009
- Bollywood on self-healing path with four hits - Aug 25, 2009
- 'Kal Kissne Dekha' - of love and supernatural powers (IANS Preview) - Jun 08, 2009
- No new film releases in April, tussle continues on revenue share - Mar 06, 2009
- '3 Idiots' helped multiplexes out of strike slump - Feb 09, 2010
- Get ready for a rush of new releases - Jun 06, 2009
- Has Aamir's toilet cleaning vow gone for a toss? - Apr 27, 2009
Tags: convenor, crore rupees, deadlock, distributors forum, entertainment tax, filmmaker, friday morning, ishq, kal, multiplexes, mumbai, new films, next friday, producers, revenue share, sajid nadiadwala, standoff, ticket sales, updf, yash chopra