New member of UPSCJune 9th, 2008 - 10:10 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 9 (ANI): Former Secretary of Postal department I.M.G Khan joined today as a member of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
UPSC Chairman Subir Dutta administered the oath.
As an Indian Postal Service officer, belonging to the 1970 batch, I.M.G Khan held several important positions in his career, which includes, Member (Operations & Marketing) and Member (Development) in the Department of Posts, Additional Secretary in the Department of Personnel and Training and Additional Secretary and Controller or Examinations in the UPSC.
He also served as Member Secretary, Civil Services Examination Reforms Committee headed by Professor Y.K. Alagh in UPSC.
Khan was also a Member of UPSC delegation that visited Australia and Singapore to study their Public Service Commissions. (ANI)
- Ex-Defence Secretary Vijay Singh sworn in as UPSC member - Nov 19, 2009
- Plea against special exam to recruit cops dismissed (Second Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Civil services English paper has experts' nod, court told - Aug 22, 2012
- Four Jamia students make it to UPSC - May 13, 2011
- Meritorious quota candidate can opt for reserved seat: Apex court - May 07, 2010
- Special IPS recruitment: Court seeks government's response - Mar 21, 2012
- Plea against special exam to recruit cops dismissed (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- India, Pakistan discuss additional CBMs for Kashmir - Jul 19, 2012
- Chaudhary new Haryana chief secretary - Apr 03, 2012
- D P Agrawal takes over as Chairman of UPSC - Aug 16, 2008
- 'Full-time aviation watchdog chief by July-end' - Jul 11, 2012
- Indian Legal Service to be revamped to attract fresh talent - Jun 11, 2010
- Vijayalakshmy Gupta takes over as Secretary (Defence Finance) - Apr 01, 2011
- Government, UPSC get notices on new exam pattern - Feb 01, 2012
- Row holds up full Karnataka ministry formation, 21 join (Lead) - Aug 08, 2011