Netherlands Queen meets Prime Minister Manmohan SinghNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:48 am ICT by admin
The first agreement was signed between Minister for Culture and Tourism Ambika Soni and Netherlands Foreign Minister J M Verhagen and the second byndian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) Director General Pavan Verma and Chairman of the Stichting Amsterdam-India Festival Simon Reinink.
The Queen, who visiting India after 21 years, met Vice President Hamid Ansari, Minister of State for External Affairs Anand Sharma and senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader L.K. Advani.
Bilateral trade between both countries is estimated to be nearly 2.28 billion dollars. Business houses in both countries are looking at the possibility of doubling this in the next five years.
Queen Beatrix is accompanied by Prince of Orange Willem-Alexander, his spouse Princess Maxima, Netherlands Foreign Minister Maxime Verhagen, besides a high-level business delegation.
India is expecting the Netherlands to support it in the Nuclear Suppliers Group deliberations on the US-India civilian nuclear deal.
The Queen visited India in 1986 to spend her holidays in Rajasthan. (ANI)
- Dutch queen tours Abu Dhabi mosque - Jan 09, 2012
- Dutch Queen meets Nobel laureate Pachauri - Nov 14, 2007
- India to set up chair for Buddhist studies in Cambodia - Jul 04, 2011
- Dutch prince critical after skiing accident - Feb 20, 2012
- Stampede at Dutch war memorial service - May 05, 2010
- India, Japan to hold economic dialogue, discuss n-deal (Lead) - Apr 29, 2012
- Dutch prince hospitalised after Austrian avalanche - Feb 18, 2012
- India, Thailand to boost anti-terror cooperation, to sign FTA (Second Lead) - Jan 26, 2012
- India opens new culture cell in Bhutan - Sep 21, 2010
- India, Belgium to seal railway cooperation pact - Aug 01, 2012
- India signs civil nuclear deal with South Korea (Lead) - Jul 25, 2011
- India-France sign agreement on civil nuclear cooperation - Dec 06, 2010
- India, EU still some distance away from finalizing trade,investment pact: Manmohan Singh - Dec 10, 2010
- Dutch royal family visits victims of Queens Day attack - May 02, 2009
- U.S. Secretary of State Clinton congratulates the Netherlands on Queen's Day - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: ambika, anand sharma, business houses, cultural cooperation, dr singh, foreign minister, iccr, india festival, l k advbusiness delegation, netherlands, nuclear deal, nuclear suppliers group, pavan verma, prime minister manmohan singh, princess maxima, queen beatrix, visited india, visiting india, willem alexander