Netaji died in Taihoku air crash: Italian EnvoyJanuary 23rd, 2009 - 9:26 pm ICT by ANI
Kolkata, Jan 23, (ANI): Italian Ambassador in India, Alessandro Quaroni said on Firday that Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose died in 1945, in an air crash at Taihoku and therefore there is no point in undertaking further research.
Addressing the media at Subhash Chandra Bose’’s ancestral house on his 113th anniversary, Quaroni said, “I personally do not see the point of research because unfortunately, the person, Netaji died, but his message lived on and still remains.”
When asked about whether he had document indicating Netaji’’s death in the Taihoku crash, he replied, “But I don”t know if there is any Japanese report. After all, there is a possibility of a plane crash. At that time, Taiwan, where the crash occurred, was under Japanese dominion. So, if there is any written proof or record of the circumstances, that should be in the Japanese records.”
Quaroni’’s parents were very good friends of Bose. His father Pietro Quaroni, who was then the Italian Ambassador to Afghanistan, gave a false passport to Netaji in the name of Orlando Mazzotta in Kabul.
The government has already appointed three-enquiry commissions- the Shah Nawaz Commission, the Khosla Commission and the Justice Manoj Kumar Mukherjee Commission, to look into the matter.
The Shah Nawaz and The Khosla Commissions agreed that Netaji was killed in the Taihoku air crash, while the Mukherjee commission concluded that Netaji was alive when the crash took place. (ANI)
- Amend booklet mentioning Netaji's death: Forward Bloc - Oct 16, 2011
- Nation must accept Netaji's death: Biographer (Interview) - Jul 24, 2011
- Netaji subject of political appropriation: New biography (With Images) - Jun 14, 2011
- Kolkata celebrates Netaji's birth anniversary - Jan 23, 2009
- MPs pay tribute to Netaji on birth anniversary - Jan 23, 2010
- Forward Bloc demands special observance of Netaji's birth anniversary - Nov 19, 2011
- Political leaders who died in air crashes - May 04, 2011
- Agartala remembers Netaji on 114th birthday with a colourful rally - Jan 23, 2010
- Researcher slams Pakistani diplomat's comments on Netaji - Jun 23, 2009
- Netaji's aide waits to hand over 'legacy' to India (With Images) - Jan 22, 2010
- Government's attitude on Netaji condemnable: Forward Bloc - Jan 22, 2012
- Remembering Netaji: His love for India, mystery 'death' in plane crash - Jan 24, 2009
- Kolkata airport's new terminal operational by October - May 09, 2012
- Four Air India flights from Kolkata cancelled - Apr 29, 2011
- Eight flights cancelled in Kolkata - Apr 28, 2011
Tags: air crash, alessandro, commissions, dominion, false passport, firday, further research, good friends, italian ambassador, japanese records, japanese report, kabul, khosla, manoj kumar, mazzotta, netaji subhash chandra bose, plane crash, quaroni, shah nawaz, subhash chandra bose