NDA’s rally in Ludhiana todayMay 10th, 2009 - 11:32 am ICT by ANI
Ludhiana, May 10 (ANI): The Chief Ministers of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA)-ruled states will participate in a rally here today.
NDA’s largest ally, the Janata Dal-United, the Assam Gana Parishad, Om Prakash Chautala’s Indian National Lok Dal, Ajit Singh’s Rashtriya Lok Dal and Shiv Sena will participate in the rally.
Top BJP leaders, including its prime ministerial candidate L K Advani and party president Rajnath Singh are expected to attend the rally.
BJP-ruled state Chief Ministers Narendra Modi (Gujarat), B S Yeddyurappa (Karnataka), Shivraj Singh Chauhan (Madhya Pradesh), Raman Singh (Chhattisgarh), Prem Kumar Dhumal (Himachal Pradesh) and B.C. Khanduri (Uttarakhand) will also participate in the rally.
The rally is being seen as a show of strength by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) to show that the NDA is intact in the run-up to Wednesday’s fifth and last phase of the general elections.
The rally is being co-hosted by the Akali Dal. (ANI)
- All eyes on Nitish Kumar at NDA's Sunday rally in Ludhiana - May 09, 2009
- Allies, chief ministers line up for NDA rally - May 10, 2009
- Advani, Rahul, Rajnath, Hema descend upon Punjab - Jan 25, 2012
- NDA showcases unity at Ludhiana rally (Lead/Rroundup) - May 10, 2009
- Bihari Babu to boycott BJP's Bihar Swabhiman rally - Jun 13, 2010
- NDA defers decision on presidential polls (Second Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- Thumbs up for SP and Akali, Congress bruised (Intro Roundup) - Mar 07, 2012
- Advani's Jan Chetna yatra concludes Sunday at Ramlila Maidan - Nov 19, 2011
- Thumbs up for SP and Akali, Congress wounded (Roundup) - Mar 06, 2012
- Punjab, Uttarakhand set to elect new assemblies - Jan 29, 2012
- Assembly elections: Winners and losers (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- NDA fails to decide on presidential poll (Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- BJP national executive meets in Patna (Lead) - Jun 12, 2010
- Lok Bhalai Party merges with Akali Dal in Punjab - Nov 23, 2011
- UPA against BJP-led governments: Gadkari - May 09, 2011
Tags: ajit singh, akali dal, bharatiya janata party, bjp leaders, chautala, chhattisgarh, chief ministers, general elections, himachal pradesh, l k advani, national democratic alliance, om prakash, party president, prem kumar, prime ministerial candidate, rajnath singh, raman singh, shiv sena, show of strength, uttarakhand