NDA meeting postponedMay 18th, 2009 - 2:28 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 18 (ANI): The National Democratic Alliance (NDA) meeting, which was scheduled to be held at L K Advani’s residence this evening, has been postponed.
The meeting was scheduled to discuss the opposition alliance’s future course of action in the wake of its dismal performance in the 2009 election.
The NDA won 159 seats with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) winning 116.
For the NDA, the Janata Dal- United (JD-U) secured 20 seats, while the Shiv Sena bagged 11 seats. Ajit Singh’s Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) got five, the Akali Dal-4, the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS)-2 and the Asom Gana Parishad (AGP)-1.
The NDA has a total tally of 159. (ANI)
- Congress wins 206 seats, BJP finishes with 116 - May 17, 2009
- Allies, chief ministers line up for NDA rally - May 10, 2009
- BJP core group to meet today, allies divided over presidency (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- 2009 Lok Sabha election: results tally - May 17, 2009
- 2009 Lok Sabha election: Final results tally - May 17, 2009
- 2009 Lok Sabha election: results tally (Lead) - May 17, 2009
- 2009 Lok Sabha election: results tally (Second Lead) - May 17, 2009
- NDA defers decision on presidential polls (Second Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- NDA fails to decide on presidential poll (Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- Rajya Sabha: The numbers at play - Dec 28, 2011
- Rajya Sabha: How the numbers stack up - Dec 29, 2011
- Protest against petrol prices leaves India hobbled (Roundup) - May 31, 2012
- Hisar turnout over 70 percent, all by-polls peaceful (Roundup) - Oct 13, 2011
- NDA to back Left in parliament over price rise - Nov 20, 2011
- BJP observers to elect Legislature Party leader in Bihar - Nov 25, 2010
Tags: ajit singh, akali dal, asom gana parishad, bharatiya janata party, dismal performance, jd, l k advani, lok, national democratic alliance, nda, New Delhi, opposition alliance, rld, shiv sena, tally, telangana, trs