NCW rejects report on Mangalore pub attackFebruary 6th, 2009 - 5:29 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 6, (ANI): The National Commission for Women (NCW) on Friday decided not to accept the report filed by its member Nirmala Venkatesh on the Mangalore pub attacks.
However, Venkatesh has said that she stands by her report on the pub assault.
NCW chairperson Girija Vyas held a meeting here on Friday and took stock of the entire report and decided not to accept it.
The Commission will not send a fresh team to Mangalore as an independent commission from the Women and Child Development Ministry has already visited there.
The Ministry had issued a show cause notice yesterday to Venkatesh for not submitting her report on the case.
NCW had earlier formed a three-member team, led by Venkatesh. The team visited Mangalore pub on a fact-finding mission after the attack on girls by Sri Ram Sena activists.
Venkatesh had blamed the pub owners for not ensuring enough security for girls that led to the attack. (ANI)
- Renuka Chowdhury sends team to probe Mangalore pub incident - Feb 01, 2009
- NCW, ministry reject member's report on Mangalore pub attack (Roundup) - Feb 06, 2009
- Women and Child Ministry to probe Mangalore attack case - Feb 01, 2009
- Mangalore pub attack victims stay away from ministry team (Lead) - Feb 01, 2009
- UP Khap diktat outrages women politicians, activists (Lead) - Jul 13, 2012
- Women commission rejects member's report on Mangalore attack - Feb 06, 2009
- Elements like pub attackers are 'threat to national security': Renuka - Feb 03, 2009
- Renuka Chowdhury sacks NCW member over Mangalore assault probe - Feb 27, 2009
- Mangalore incident triggers war of words in women's commission - Feb 03, 2009
- Mangalore pub's licence should be cancelled: NCW - Jan 31, 2009
- NCW for fast track court in Assam girl molestation case - Jul 14, 2012
- Karnataka Police arrests Ram Sena leader - Jan 27, 2009
- NCW member gets notice over Mangalore pub probe - Feb 06, 2009
- Women activists slam feudal panchayats, demand action - Jul 13, 2012
- What is women's commission doing, ask angry activists - Feb 05, 2009
Tags: activists, chairperson, child development, development ministry, fact finding mission, fresh team, girija, girls, independent commission, member team, New Delhi, pub owners, sena, sri ram, stock, venkatesh, vyas