NCP to support BJD in OrissaMarch 8th, 2009 - 8:19 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 8 (ANI): The Sharad Pawar-led Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), on Sunday expressed its support to the Naveen Patnaik ministry in Orissa, which recently broke down its 11-year-old alliance with the Bharatiya Janata Party.
“The MLAs of Nationalist Congress Party in Orissa will support the BJD Government headed by Patnaik,” NCP spokesperson D P Tripathi said in a statement.
Pawar claims to have a majority in the 147-member Bhubaneshwar assembly with the support of more than 74 MLAs.
He has said both parties would also contest the assembly and parliamentary elections in the state jointly.
He said he had asked party leaders and Union Minister Praful Patel to hold talks with the ruling party in Orissa in this regard. (ANI)
- Sangma's daughter skips NCP meet - Jun 21, 2012
- Sangma is candidate of communal forces: NCP (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- NCP withdraws support to BJD in Orissa - Dec 29, 2010
- NCP cautions Sangma, says he will withdraw (Second Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- NCP cautions Sangma, hints of action - Jun 16, 2012
- Pawar, Patel skip cabinet meeting - Jul 19, 2012
- Ajit Pawar is Maharashtra deputy chief minister (Second Lead) - Nov 10, 2010
- Pranab all set for Rashtrapati Bhavan (Roundup) - Jun 16, 2012
- Unhappy Pawar, Patel offer to quit (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- NCP skips cabinet meeting over 'problems' (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- President should be from tribal community: Sangma - May 17, 2012
- Consensus growing in favour of Pranab (Second Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Pawar meets Sonia to discuss 'coalition issues' - Jul 20, 2012
- Will accept Sangma's resignation:, says Pawar (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Will accept Sangma's resignation: Pawar - Jun 20, 2012
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bjd, mlas, nationalist congress party, naveen patnaik, New Delhi, orissa, parliamentary elections, party leaders, praful patel, regard, ruling party, sharad pawar, spokesperson, tripathi, union minister