NCP suspends Padamsinh PatilJune 10th, 2009 - 11:12 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 10 (ANI): National Congress Party (NCP) on Wednesday suspended its murder case accused MP Padamsinh Patil from its primary membership.
The Sharad Pawar-led NCP was facing tremendous pressure from all around over its Patil’s alleged involvement in the double-murder case.
The Disciplinary Action Committee of the party met in the capital on Wednesday and decided to suspend the Lok Sabha member from Osamanabad in Maharashtra from the primary membership, said NCP leader Praful Patel in the national capital on Wednesday.
“We are not holding him guilty. But we would like to keep a distance as Patil faces the legal process. If he proves his innocence we will have no no problem in taking him back,” Patel said.
The party was only following a convention in public life that a person who is facing investigations in a criminal case should not be associated with the party, Patel added.
The suspension comes three days after the arrest of Patil by CBI in connection with the murder of Congress leader Pawanraj Nimbalkar and his driver three years ago. (ANI)
- NCP suspends MP accused of murder (Lead) - Jun 10, 2009
- NCP suspends MP accused of murder - Jun 10, 2009
- Maharashtra Congress goes into huddle over NCP's stance - Jul 23, 2012
- NCP suspends legislator over rape charge - Feb 26, 2011
- Slain Congress leader's wife wants trial in Mumbai - Mar 11, 2012
- Ajit Pawar to be new Maharashtra deputy chief minister (Lead) - Nov 10, 2010
- No ultimatum to Congress, says NCP - Jul 25, 2012
- Apex court notice to accused in Congress leader's murder (Lead) - Jun 09, 2010
- Will accept Sangma's resignation: Pawar - Jun 20, 2012
- Anna Hazare describes his fast, a second 'freedom struggle' - Apr 07, 2011
- Ajit Pawar is Maharashtra deputy chief minister (Second Lead) - Nov 10, 2010
- Pawar, Patel skip cabinet meeting - Jul 19, 2012
- NCP unhappy in Maharashtra also - Jul 21, 2012
- Murder accused MP Padamsinh Patil fined Rs.10,000 (Lead) - Jun 07, 2011
- NCP retains all its Maharashtra ministers in first poll list - Sep 23, 2009
Tags: action committee, cbi, congress leader, criminal case, disciplinary action, double murder case, innocence, investigations, lok sabha member, maharashtra, mp, national congress party, ncp, New Delhi, praful patel, sharad pawar