NCP-led Meghalaya outfit to face trust vote on March 17March 15th, 2009 - 5:03 pm ICT by ANI
Shillong, Mar 15 (ANI): The NCP led Meghalaya Progressive Alliance (MPA) government has to prove its strength on March 17, after three members of the alliance withdrew their support one by one.
Congress North East General Secretary In Charge Luizinho Faleiro submitted a memorandum to the Meghalaya Governor urging the dismissal of the MPA government as it has already lost its legal right to be heading the government.
The 12-month-old five-party ruling coalition of MPA now has 30 MLAs — NCP 15, UDP 10, Hill State Peoples Democratic Party 2, BJP 1 and two Independents.
The opposition led by Congress has support of 26 own members and two independents and one regional party member.
The party was reduced to a minority after a lone MLA from Khun Hynniewtrep National Awakening Movement (KHNAM) withdrew his support on March 11.
On March 9, two other independents, one of whom joined the alliance two weeks back, had also withdrawn support to the MPA.
The two independents are now in the Congress. (ANI)
- Sangma to be elected next Meghalaya chief minister - Apr 19, 2010
- NCP-led Meghalaya Govt. loses majority - Mar 11, 2009
- Meghalaya cabinet to be expanded on Friday - Apr 22, 2010
- Lapang quits, Congress legislators to meet in Shillong (Lead) - Apr 18, 2010
- Lapang admits losing majority support (Lead) - Apr 18, 2010
- Congress ally in Meghalaya to support new chief minister - Apr 19, 2010
- I will ensure coherence and unity in CLP: Sangma - Apr 20, 2010
- Sangma to expand ministry Saturday - Apr 22, 2010
- No-confidence motion moved against Meghalaya government - Sep 12, 2011
- Lapang resigns, Sangma to be sworn-in Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 19, 2010
- Sangma heads to New Delhi to finalise his team - Apr 21, 2010
- Four rebel MLAs disqualified in Meghalaya State Assembly - Apr 09, 2009
- MPA loses yet another minister - Mar 12, 2009
- Lapang appointed Meghalaya chief adviser - Apr 24, 2010
- Meghalaya scraps chief minister rank dole-out - Apr 27, 2010
Tags: bjp, congress, democratic party, general secretary, independents, khun, march 11, march 17, memorandum, mla, national awakening, opposition, party member, progressive alliance, regional party, shillong, trust vote