NCP leader Patil sent to seven days CBI custodyJune 7th, 2009 - 6:40 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, June 7 (ANI): Nationalist Congress Party leader Padamsinh Patil was on Sunday sent to seven days Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) custody by a Panvel court after he was arrested for his alleged involvement in the murder of senior Congress leader Pawanraj Nimbalkar in 2006.
The CBI picked up Patil for questioning late on Saturday night from his son’s house in South Mumbai.
Patil, who is a sitting MP from Osmanabad had held the state Home Ministry and the Irrigation ministry posts in the state government.
Two men on a motorcycle gunned down Nimbalkar and his driver Samad Qazi near Kopar Khairne, Navi Mumbai on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway on June 3, 2006. The Kalamboli police did the initial investigations.
The Bombay High Court transferred the case to CBI in October 2008.
In February this year, police arrested two men in connection with the murder. After interrogating the two, police found that Rs 30 lakh was paid to kill the Congress leader.
The CBI had earlier this year nabbed two people, and one of them had confessed to the murder of Nimbalkar at somebody’s behest. (ANI)
- Vilasrao Deshmukh wants Congress to go alone in Maharashtra Assembly polls - Jun 09, 2009
- Pawar says law will take its own course in Patil arrest case - Jun 07, 2009
- Slain Congress leader's wife wants trial in Mumbai - Mar 11, 2012
- Murder accused MP Padamsinh Patil fined Rs.10,000 (Lead) - Jun 07, 2011
- Murder accused MP Padamsinh Patil fined Rs.10,000 - Jun 07, 2011
- Plot to kill Magsaysay winner Anna Hazare revealed (Lead) - Jun 01, 2009
- Padamsinh accused in Nimbalkar murder - Aug 20, 2009
- NCP MP Padamsinh Patil charged with Congress leader's murder, in CBI custody (Fourth Lead) - Jun 07, 2009
- NCP MP Padamsinh Patil charged with murder of Congress leader (Third Lead) - Jun 07, 2009
- Patil's CBI custody extended till June 20 - Jun 14, 2009
- NCP MP Padamsinh Patil in CBI custody for Congress leader's murder (Roundup) - Jun 07, 2009
- Padamsinh Patil's arrest embarrassing for party: NCP - Jun 08, 2009
- Murder accused NCP MP in jail till July 3 - Jun 20, 2009
- CBI files 5000-page chargesheet against Padamsinh Patil - Aug 20, 2009
- CBI to challenge Maharashtra MP's bail in murder case (Lead) - Jun 09, 2010
Tags: behest, bombay high court, cbi, central bureau of investigation, congress leader, home ministry, initial investigations, irrigation, june 3, kopar, lakh, mumbai pune expressway, nationalist congress party, ncp, osmanabad, party leader, seven days, south mumbai, state government, two men