NCP disappointed over Rahul Gandhi’s commentFebruary 5th, 2010 - 1:19 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Feb 5 (ANI): The Nationalist Communist Party (NCP) has expressed disappointment over Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi’s remarks on the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks.
Mumbai NCP President Madhukar Pichad termed Gandhi’s comments on north Indian NSG commandoes saving Mumbai from terrorists’ attacks as wrong.
“One must not forget that Tukaram Ombale, who sacrificed his life to ensure that Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab was caught alive, was a Marathi Manoos. Therefore, it is wrong to debate on which region the saviours of Mumbai came from,” Pichad said.
Gandhi took on the Shiv Sena and the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) during his Bihar visit and reminded both political outfits that the commandoes who saved Mumbai during the 26/11 terror attacks were north Indians.
On Tuesday, he said every inch of India belongs to every Indian.
Reacting, Shiv Sena Executive President Uddhav Thackeray said, “Rahul should not interfere in Marathi affairs. Rahul should stop all this or we won’t allow him into Mumbai.”
Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray also critized Rahul Gandhi’s “Mumbai for all Indians” comment by saying, “Mumbai may belong to all Indians, but how can it belong to an Italian mummy.”
In Shiv Sena mouthpiece ‘Saamna’, Thackeray said: “Mumbai was not a guesthouse of the country that anyone comes to Mumbai and leaves. Mumbai belongs to Maharashtra and the Marathi people. If anyone is going to murder this truth, he will have to face the weapons of Maharashtra.”(ANI)
- Every inch of India belongs to every Indian: Rahul Gandhi - Feb 02, 2010
- Shiva Sena hits back at Rahul Gandhi's 'Mumbai for all Indians' comment - Feb 03, 2010
- Chidambaram acting as Pakistan's Home Minister: Uddhav Thackeray - Feb 04, 2010
- Rahul Gandhi to visit Mumbai despite Sena's word of caution - Feb 04, 2010
- Rahul slams Sena, says India for all Indians - Feb 02, 2010
- Karunanidhi has a war of words with Shiv Sena - Feb 03, 2010
- Rahul Gandhi ends Mumbai visit, cocks a snook at Shiv Sena, MNS - Feb 05, 2010
- Shiv Sena labels Rahul Gandhi anti-Marathi - Oct 24, 2010
- Every part of India belongs to every Indian: Rahul Gandhi (Lead) - Feb 02, 2010
- Gandhi's Mumbai visit typical of north Indians: Thackeray - Feb 05, 2010
- Thackeray fumes at Sena flop show against Rahul - Feb 06, 2010
- Bal Thackeray attacks Rahul, calls him 'frustrated' - Feb 03, 2010
- Uddhav Thackeray hits out at Rahul Gandhi, Ajit Pawar - Jun 10, 2011
- Uddhav joins Thackeray clan hot excahnge of words - Oct 27, 2010
- Marathi vs migrants - cops told to study leaders' speeches - Nov 04, 2011
Tags: ajmal, bal thackeray, communist party, disappointment, executive president, general secretary, guesthouse, indians, kasab, madhukar, maharashtra, mns, mouthpiece, mummy, rahul gandhi, saviours, shiv sena, terror attacks, terrorists attacks, weapons