NCM seeks ban on Bajrang Dal, VHP for Indore riotsOctober 29th, 2008 - 9:24 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 29 (ANI): The National Commission for Minorities (NCM) has sought a ban on Bajrang Dal and Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) for their alleged involvement in communal riots in Indore in July this year.
The Commission also demanded a judicial enquiry into the violence and de-recognition of political parties inciting communal riots.
In its report submitted to Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh the Commission emphasized the need for devising a national policy to discourage communal polarization.
The NCM, while terming the VHP’’s shutdown call on the Amaranth issue as the root cause of the violence, called for fixing the responsibility on politicians, officials and other key persons behind organizing the shutdown.
It also demanded registration of criminal cases against people including police personnel found guilty in this matter. (ANI)
- NGO files plea before Gujarat riots commission - May 14, 2010
- Hindu groups condemn bikinis with images of Hindu goddess - May 08, 2011
- VHP, Bajrang Dal activists protest ban on Togadia's visit to Kandhamal - Mar 20, 2010
- Congress betrayed Muslims: Mayawati - Dec 18, 2011
- Factsheet: Timeline of the Ayodhya Dispute - May 09, 2011
- 'Report on Assam riots has inflammatory comments' - Aug 22, 2012
- Christians reject report on church attacks: Bangalore archbishop - Feb 05, 2011
- 10 kg land mine recovered in Kandhamal - Oct 29, 2011
- Protests against EU team's Kandhamal visit, five held - Feb 03, 2010
- Kandhamal riots could have been avoided: Ex-minister - Mar 09, 2011
- Groups threaten to start Amarnath Yatra June 3 - May 19, 2012
- Differences sharpen between Amarnath board, religious groups - May 12, 2012
- Moily for CBI probe into Karnataka church attacks - Jan 29, 2011
- Naveen Patnaik could have prevented Saraswati's murder: BJP ex-minister - Mar 10, 2011
- VHP leader Togadia released, denied entry to Kandhamal - Mar 20, 2010
Tags: bajrang dal, communal riots, dr manmohan singh, judicial enquiry, manmohan, manmohan singh, minorities, ncm, New Delhi, polarization, political parties, politicians, prime minister, root cause, vhp, violence, vishwa hindu parishad