Naxalites storm railway station in AurangabadApril 16th, 2008 - 5:08 pm ICT by admin
Aurangabad (Bihar), Apr 16 (ANI): Over 200 armed Naxalites raided the Fesar Railway Station on the Aurangabad-Mughalsarai section and held five of its employees captive for several hours, police sources said on Wednesday.
Railway traffic was disrupted for over two hours on the East Central Railway section. The railway employees were later freed by the Naxalites.
In a separate incident in neighbouring Jharkhand, armed Naxalites blasted a two-metre stretch of railway track at Choudary-Baandh in Giridih District in the early hours on Wednesday, disrupting train services in the Dhanbad division.
The Maoists also set afire a truck at Tamar, about 50 km from Ranchi.
A 24-hour shutdown was called by the Naxalites in Jharkhand and Bihar on Wednesday to protest against the killing of eight of their associates in an encounter near Garwah earlier this month.
According to reports, several long distances vehicles were off the roads due to the shutdown, affecting loading and unloading at mineral sites. (ANI)
- Maoists blast rail tracks, kill guard in Jharkhand (Lead) - Sep 13, 2010
- Maoists blast rail tracks in Bihar, Jharkhand (Lead) - Feb 09, 2010
- Goods train derailed in Bihar, disrupts traffic (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 13, 2012
- Maoists attack policemen, blast rail tracks in Jharkhand - Jun 27, 2012
- Goods train derails in Bihar; no casualties - Jul 13, 2012
- Maoists attack policemen, blow rail tracks in Jharkhand (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Maoists strike ahead of Chidambaram's Kolkata meeting - Feb 09, 2010
- Goods train derails, hit traffic (Lead) - Jan 08, 2011
- Opposition protests hit road, rail services - Mar 09, 2011
- Shutdown call a success in Jharkhand - May 31, 2012
- Jharkhand train fire: Police disagree with sabotage theory - Nov 23, 2011
- Maoists kill three, including cop, on day two of strike (Roundup) - Jul 09, 2010
- Train fire accident to be probed - Nov 22, 2011
- Goods train derails in Bihar - Jan 08, 2011
- Maoist rampage: station, bank torched, police camps raided - Jun 15, 2010
Tags: bihar, central railway, encounter, jharkhand, long distances, maoists, metre stretch, naxalites, neighbouring, police sources, railway employees, railway station, railway track, railway traffic, tamar, train services