Naxal attack kills 11 in Dantewada districtMay 6th, 2009 - 8:48 pm ICT by ANI
Dantewada, May 6 (ANI): A landmine blast triggered by naxalites has killed 11 persons including two CRPF personnel and five special police officers (SPOs) in Chhattisgarh’s Dantewada district.
“The incident took place at Sirguda village in Bastar region under Injram police station area, when naxals blew up a tractor carrying the SPOs and jawans,” Inspector General of Police A N Upadhyaya said.
Those killed include four civilians.
“The blast occurred when a joint patrol team of CRPF, district police force and special police officers, sent to Bhejji village, were returning from their duty in a tractor carrying some civilians,” Upadhyaya said.
Three other SPOs were also injured in the naxal attack.
The injured have been admitted to a nearby hospital in Injram.
The police officer further informed that an additional police force has been sent to the spot to take stock of the situation.
A helicopter has also been sent for rescue operations. (ANI)
- Naxal landmine claims 10 lives in Chhattisgarh - May 06, 2009
- Three CRPF men killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack (Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- 10 Chhattisgarh cops killed in Maoist attack (Second Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Eleven killed in Chhattisgarh landmine blast (Lead) - May 06, 2009
- Maoists attack Chhattisgarh police station, no casualty (Lead) - Jun 13, 2011
- Eleven killed in Chhattisgarh landmine blast - May 06, 2009
- Five troopers killed in Chhattisgarh landmine blast - May 18, 2011
- 15 Dantewada victims battle for life - May 18, 2010
- Maoist landmine blast kills five CRPF men in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - May 18, 2011
- 10 securitymen die in Maoist landmine blast (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Three CRPF men killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack (Second Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Maoists attack police station in Chhattisgarh - Jun 13, 2011
- Maoists kill five security men in Chhattisgarh (Second Lead) - Aug 29, 2010
- 11 killed as Maoists explode landmine in Chhattisgarh (Second Lead) - May 06, 2009
- Chhattisgarh Maoists step up attacks to taunt army, say experts - Jun 11, 2011
Tags: civilians, district police, helicopter, inspector general, landmine blast, naxalites, nearby hospital, police force, police officer, police station, rescue operations, special police officers, stock, upadhyaya