Navy orders inquiry into Rear Admiral Jamwal’s deathJuly 7th, 2010 - 4:46 pm ICT by ANI
Kochi, July 7 (ANI): The Indian Navy has ordered an inquiry into the cause of death of Southern Naval Command chief Rear Admiral Satyendra Singh Jamwal, who was killed on Wednesday morning in a firing incident on the INS Dronacharya in Kochi.
Rear Admiral Satyendra Singh Jamwal was commissioned in the Executive Branch of the Indian Navy as a Surface Warfare Officer on July 1, 1980 and had specialised in Anti Submarine Warfare.
He was an alumnus of Lawrence School Sanawar, National Defence Academy, Grechko Naval War College USSR, Defence Services Staff College Wellington and Army War College.
His afloat appointments included tenures on Indian Naval Ships Taragiri, Atul, Rajput, Ranvijay and Command of Ships Vibhuti and Kuthar, Commissioning Executive Officer of Guided Missile Destroyer Delhi and Commissioning Commanding Officer of Guided Missile Frigate Beas.
His staff appointments at IHQ Ministry of Defence (Navy) included Joint Director of Staff Requirement and Director Naval Operations. Training appointments include Executive Officer at Naval Academy, Goa and Instructor at ASW School, Kochi.
He was also ADC to the President of India between 1983 and 1985.
On promotion to Flag Rank on 01 Sep 09, he took over as Chief of Staff, Southern Naval Command. Prior to this he was the Naval Attaché at the Indian Embassy at Moscow, Russia.
Rear Admiral Jamwal is survived by wife Geeta Jamwal and two children. (ANI)
- Indian rear admiral killed in 'accidental firing' (Third Lead, with Images) - Jul 07, 2010
- Indian Navy loses undersea war specialist in accidental fire (Second Lead, with image) - Jul 07, 2010
- Bullet from his pistol kills Indian rear admiral (Fourth Lead, with Images) - Jul 07, 2010
- D.K. Joshi named new Indian Navy chief (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Rear Admiral Shrikhande is IDS assistant chief (With Image) - Aug 23, 2012
- Admiral Joshi is new Indian Navy chief (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- New chief of staff for Eastern Naval Command - May 02, 2011
- Vice Admiral Thapliyal is Indian Navy chief of personnel - Jan 27, 2012
- Vice Admiral Sinha takes over as IDS chief - Jul 04, 2011
- Sunil Lanba takes over as chief of staff of eastern naval command - May 02, 2011
- Vice Admiral D.K. Joshi takes over as CISC - Dec 31, 2010
- Navy chief takes over as tri-services panel head - Jul 29, 2011
- Indian navy officer killed in accidental fire (Lead) - Jul 07, 2010
- Vice Admiral Bhasin heads Western Naval Command - Apr 30, 2009
- Funeral of senior navy officer in Kochi Friday - Jul 08, 2010
Tags: army war college, defence services, guided missile destroyer, guided missile frigate, indian embassy, indian navy, lawrence school sanawar, moscow russia, national defence academy, naval command, naval ships, naval war college, operations training, president of india, rear admiral, staff appointments, staff college, submarine warfare, surface warfare officer, vibhuti