Navy chief begins four-day visit to IndonesiaJanuary 10th, 2011 - 5:35 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan 10 (ANI): The Chief of Naval Staff, Admiral Nirmal Verma, on Monday left New Delhi on a four day official visit to Indonesia.
During his visit, Admiral Verma will call on the Indonesian Minister of Defence Purnomo Yusgiantoro, Chief of Staff of the Indonesian Navy Admiral Soeparno, Coordinating Minister for Legal, Political and Security Affairs Air Chief Marshal Djoko Suyanto and the Commander-in-Chief of the Indonesian National Forces Admiral Agus Suhartono. He will also visit various facilities of the Indonesian Army, Navy and Air Force.
The Indian Navy and the Indonesian Navy have a longstanding working relationship with high levels of mutual co-operation and understanding fostered through regular co-ordinated patrols and exercises such as MILAN.
The two navies also co-operate in intelligence sharing particularly with regard to anti-piracy operations. Ind-Indo Co-ordinated Patrols (CORPAT) are conducted twice a year wherein ships from the two navies undertake co-ordinated patrol of the International Maritime Boundary Line between India and Indonesia for two to three weeks.
Indonesian navy ships have consistently participated in the MILAN series of exercise conducted in the Andaman and Nicobar islands by the Indian Navy. (ANI)
- India, Indonesia to boost anti-piracy cooperation - Jan 10, 2011
- Indian, Indonesian navies to conduct joint patrol - Oct 16, 2009
- India-Indonesia launch coordinated patrol in Indian Ocean - Oct 18, 2009
- China, Indonesia eye closer military ties - Jan 16, 2012
- India- Indonesia to launch coordinated patrol in Indian Ocean - Oct 16, 2009
- Indonesian troops prepare hostage rescue operation against Somali pirates - Apr 14, 2011
- 'Aircraft carrier Admiral Gorshkov shaping up for sea trials' - Jul 20, 2011
- Indonesia to buy old F-16 jets from US - Oct 26, 2011
- Navy Chief says Milan not a security bloc - Feb 05, 2010
- India, Turkey navy wargames begin Sunday - Jul 07, 2011
- Indian Navy to focus on manpower, operational assets - Oct 14, 2011
- Indonesian President admits Bali bomber killed in Jakarta raid - Mar 10, 2010
- Indian ship arrives ahead of navy chief's Bangladesh trip - Apr 04, 2011
- India gets hawk eye over Strait of Malacca - Jul 30, 2012
- Ahead of naval war game, Antony reviews national security - Feb 06, 2012
Tags: agus, air chief marshal, andaman and nicobar, andaman and nicobar islands, army navy, boundary line, djoko suyanto, indian navy, indonesian army, indonesian minister, international maritime, maritime boundary, minister of defence, naval staff, navies, navy admiral, navy chief, navy ships, purnomo yusgiantoro, security affairs