Navin Patnaik to be re-elected as Orissa CM on TuesdayMay 19th, 2009 - 12:16 pm ICT by ANI
Bhubaneshwar, May 18 (ANI): Having registered a thumping victory in State and Lok Sabha elections, the Navin Patnaik-led Biju Janata Dal is all set to form the new Governemt in the Orissa on Tuesday.
Naveen Patnaik will head the State for the third time in a row as the Chief Minister. However, there are speculations about who will get which portfolio as the State minister in the new State Cabinet.
On Sunday, senior leader of BJD Pyari Mohan Mohapatra met Naveen Patnaik to prepare a blue print on the new cabinet.
According to Pyari Mohan Mohapatra, though new faces will be given prominence, the role of senior and experience members cannot be ignored.
The new Cabinet, thus, be expected to comprise the new and experienced members.
“No doubt the new cabinet will be balanced one and there will be both new and old faces,” Pyari Mohan Mohapatra said.
Meanwhile, all aspiring individuals have started lobbying hard to secure a place in the Cabinet of ministers.
However, about the role of BJD at the Centre, Mohapatra said that they (BJD) would play the role of a decisive opposition.
The decision seems to have been on the line of party’s stance of not supporting the Congress or BJP-led government at the Centre.
Mohapatra said since BJD had earlier declared that it would not support any Congress or NDA led government at the Centre, the party would play the role of an opposition and fight for the state’s cause. (ANI)
- Naveen Patnaik rules out supporting Congress - Mar 07, 2011
- Naveen Patnaik to meet BJD leaders Friday (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik suspends Mohapatra, drops two ministers - Jun 01, 2012
- Patnaik holds talks to mend fences in BJD - Jun 01, 2012
- Dissident BJD leader's forum a parallel platform? - Oct 12, 2011
- Naveen Patnaik suspends Mohapatra, drops two ministers (Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Patnaik returns home, gets rousing welcome - May 31, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik to expand ministry - Aug 02, 2012
- Biju Janata Dal fields three for Rajya Sabha poll - Jun 04, 2010
- Dissident leader upset but rules out split in BJD - May 30, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik sworn in as Orissa Chief MinisterNaveen Patnaik sworn in as Orissa Chief Minister - May 21, 2009
- Congress backs Orissa businessman for Rajya Sabha - Jun 07, 2010
- BJD to abstain in vice-presidential poll - Aug 05, 2012
- BJD holds massive protest over Polavaram project - Sep 12, 2010
- Patnaik yet to make up mind on joining NDA rally - Dec 09, 2010
Tags: bhubaneshwar, bjd, bjp, chief minister, lok sabha elections, mohan, mohapatra, naveen patnaik, navin, nda, new cabinet, new faces, old faces, orissa cm, prominence, pyari, speculations, state cabinet, state minister, third time