Naveen Patnaik sworn in as Orissa Chief MinisterNaveen Patnaik sworn in as Orissa Chief MinisterMay 21st, 2009 - 2:25 pm ICT by ANI
Bhubaneshwar, May 21 (ANI): Biju Janata Dal (BJD) leader Naveen Patnaik was sworn in as Chief Minister of Orissa on Thursday for the third consecutive term.
State Governor M C Bhandare administered the oath of office and secrecy to Patnaik at Raj Bhavan.
In the recently held State and Lok Sabha elections, the Naveen Patnaik-led BJD registered a thumping victory. In the State Assembly elections, it won 103 of the 147 seats.
However, in the Lok Sabha elections, which the BJD contested without its former alliance partner BJP for over a decade, the party won 14 of the 21 Lok Sabha seats in the state. (ANI)
- BJD government to take charge tomorrow in Orissa - May 20, 2009
- BJD government to take charge in Orissa today - May 21, 2009
- Naveen Patnaik is Orissa chief minister for third time - May 21, 2009
- Patnaik to take oath as Orissa chief minister Thursday - May 20, 2009
- Sangma to campaign in Odisha July 15 - Jul 06, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik re-elected BJD chief - Jan 23, 2010
- Patnaik leaves for Delhi to back Sangma - Jun 27, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik is Sangma's proposer for president's poll (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Sangma arrives in Odisha to seek support - Jul 15, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik, 20 others, take oath in Orissa (Lead) - May 21, 2009
- Naveen Patnaik elected BJD legislature party leader - May 19, 2009
- NCP withdraws support to BJD in Orissa - Dec 29, 2010
- BJD to abstain in vice-presidential poll - Aug 05, 2012
- BJD to field Dilip Tirkey for Rajya Sabha - Mar 16, 2012
- BJP rules out poll pact with BJD - Oct 31, 2011
Tags: alliance partner, assembly elections, bhubaneshwar, biju, bjp, chief minister, decade, lok sabha elections, lok sabha seats, oath of office, orissa, secrecy, state assembly, state governor, victory