National Security Guards celebrate 23rd Raising DayNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:21 am ICT by admin
Union Home Minister Shivraj Patil was the chief guest at the Raising Day function organised in the national capital.
The highlight of the function was a display of skills by the NSG officers.
They displayed martial arts, marksmanship skills, defusing of landmines and para-jumping from helicopters.
The NSG commandos are popularly known as ‘Black Cats’ and are selected from the country’s Army and Central Police Forces (CPFs).
The NSG is also assigned to ensure mobile security to dignitaries at high risk, besides providing sky marshals in select domestic and international flights. (ANI)
- Super Black Cat commandos by 2015: NSG chief - Oct 16, 2011
- NSG commandos to operate from Delhi airport - Oct 16, 2009
- Indian Army exhibits procedures and equipment in Rajasthan - Jan 18, 2010
- Glittering ceremony brings down curtain on National Games (Lead) - Feb 27, 2011
- NSG regional hub inaugurated in Hyderabad - Dec 06, 2011
- Chidambaram inaugurates NSG hub in Mumbai - Feb 23, 2012
- Delhi to get 24X7 NSG security - Oct 21, 2009
- Goa Police commandos to be trained by navy - May 07, 2011
- Hyderabad gets NSG hub, to get training centre too - Jul 01, 2009
- Elite German force chief may visit to discuss NSG training - Jan 22, 2009
- Ready for any challenge: Indian Army chief - Jan 15, 2012
- Hyderabad gets anti-terror hub, to have training centre too (Lead) - Jul 01, 2009
- Security beefed up in Delhi ahead of Independence Day - Aug 08, 2011
- First India, France joint army exercise begins - Oct 10, 2011
- India toughens anti-hijack policy, but remains vulnerable (12 years after IC-814 hijack) - Dec 23, 2011
Tags: army, black cats, chief guest, dignitaries, helicopters, high risk, international flights, landmines, marksmanship skills, martial arts, military forces, mobile security, nsg commandos, patil, police forces, security guards, sky marshals, union home minister