National Conference activist shot dead in KashmirFebruary 18th, 2011 - 11:07 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Feb 18 (IANS) An activist of Jammu and Kashmir’s ruling National Conference (NC) was gunned down by separatist guerrillas in north Kashmir’s Bandipore district Friday evening, police said.A senior police officer said guerrillas fired with automatic weapons at Ghulam Hassan Dar while he was returning home after offering prayers in the local mosque in Hajin town, 40 km from Srinagar.
Dar received serious bullet injuries in his abdomen and was taken to hospital immediately where he succumbed.
The incident triggered panic in the Hajin market as police rushed to the spot and cordoned off the area.
Searches have been conducted in the area, sources said.
No guerrilla group has claimed responsibility for the killing so far.
- Truck driver shot dead in Kashmir (Lead) - Feb 27, 2011
- Woman dies in Kashmir crossfire - Aug 22, 2011
- Village headman shot dead in Kashmir - Feb 09, 2012
- Guerrillas kill cop in Kashmir - May 17, 2011
- Militants enter home, kill father, son in Kashmir - May 28, 2011
- Militants kill National Conference worker in Srinagar - Jun 15, 2012
- Antony orders probe into Kashmir youth's killing - Jul 26, 2012
- Guerrilla killed, soldier wounded in Kashmir gunfight (Lead) - Jun 30, 2012
- National Conference leader shot at in Srinagar - Dec 03, 2011
- Protests in Kashmir over youth's killing - Jul 25, 2012
- Gunfight in north Kashmir - Jun 30, 2012
- Guerrillas attack Kashmir police officer's house - Dec 06, 2010
- Three security men shot dead in Sopore - Aug 11, 2010
- Guerrillas kill retired police officer in Srinagar - Aug 10, 2012
- Three LeT militants killed in Kashmir gunbattle (Lead changing dateline) - Jun 03, 2011
Tags: abdomen, activist, automatic weapons, friday evening, ghulam, guerrilla group, hassan, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, mosque, north kashmir, police officer, prayers, returning home, separatist guerrillas, srinagar