National Cadet Corps holds 10-day adventure camp in RampurNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:53 am ICT by admin
At the adventure camp, they are learning rock-climbing and para-sailing, besides enjoying themselves. rganised by the 3rd Himachal Pradesh (Ind) Battalion of National Cadet Corps (NCC), over a week-long camp commenced this past week (October 2) and is to conclude on Thursday (Oct. 11).
Nestling in the lap of majestic Himalayan range the camp located in Himachal Pradesh offers ample scope for adventure pursuits like rock-climbing, skiing, trekking and para-gliding.
The cadets maintain that attending such adventure camps helps them to develop courage.
“We are learning a number of things at this camp. I was a bit scared initially but now I am quite comfortable with rock-climbing and other adventure sports. I think such camps should be organised often, as they infuse confidence among the youth,” said Charu Sehgal, another cadet.
The Officer Commanding of the 3rd Himachal (Ind) NCC Battalion said that this comprehensive adventure initiative is a well-structured programme in which girls are doing well on the ‘rough-n-tough’ trail.
“This adventure camp has two main components, namely, para-sailing and rock climbing. We have divided the camp into two segments. One is basic training and the other, advanced training. The girls in the camp are doing much better, although boys too are really good,” said Lieutenant Colonel Ravi Kant Sharma, Officer Commanding of the 3rd Himachal Pradesh (Ind) NCC Battalion.
The objective of the NCC has been to develop qualities of courage, comradeship, discipline and leadership qualities among the youth.
The NCC, with its three wings of the Indian Army, the Navy and the Air Force, is a perfect place for grooming those who want to join the armed forces. (ANI)
- NCC targets women cadets - Jan 05, 2012
- High adrenaline adventures in Himachal's rugged trails - Jun 01, 2011
- NCC cadet commended for efforts during Leh cloudburst - Jan 20, 2011
- Rock climbing wall inaugurated in Srinagar - Sep 05, 2012
- Training camp for National Cadet Corps in Varanasi - Jun 12, 2009
- Pallam Raju inaugurates NCC DDGs' conference - Apr 27, 2011
- Students out on boats to save Sukhna lake - May 15, 2010
- NCC cadets from different backgrounds represent a 'Mini India': Vice President Ansari - Jan 06, 2011
- Governor pats NCC Cadets for PM banner - Feb 01, 2012
- NCC readies for Republic Day parade - Jan 05, 2011
- To parasail or trek across jungles, try Himachal (With Image) - May 12, 2010
- NCC to grow, change training syllabus - Jul 05, 2012
- Maharashtra NCC bags PM's banner trophy 15th time - Jan 29, 2012
- 44 NCC cadets on 600-km ocean sailing expedition (With Images) - Jan 25, 2012
- Himachal's Saach Pass to reopen in June - Apr 30, 2011
Tags: adventure camp, adventure pursuits, ample scope, battalion, charu, courage, girls, himachal pradesh, himalayan range, leadership qualities, long camp, national cadet corps, ncc, para gliding, rampur, rock climbing, rough n tough, sailing