Narendra Bahadur Singh is new CBDT chiefJuly 1st, 2008 - 1:52 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, July 1 (ANI): Narendra Bahadur Singh has taken over as chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) from June 30.
An officer of the 1971 batch of the Indian Revenue Service, Singh was earlier Member (Personnel and Vigilance) in the CBDT.
Singh has served in various capacities in the Income Tax department as Chief Commissioner in Mumbai and Baroda, and as Commissioner in Mumbai and Kolhapur.
A Post Graduate in Sanskrit, Singh hails from Uttar Pradesh.
The CBDT is a part of Department of Revenue in the Ministry of Finance.
It provides essential inputs for policy and planning of direct taxes in India. At same time, it is also responsible for administration of direct tax laws through Income Tax Department. (ANI)
- New chairman for Central Board of Direct Taxes - Jul 01, 2008
- Four IRS officers' resignations pending: RTI - Oct 30, 2011
- India Inc cries foul over new IT order - Jan 25, 2012
- Breaking the glass ceiling in India's tax administration - Aug 06, 2012
- Income Tax offices to remain open Saturday - Mar 30, 2012
- Rabender Singh Mathoda is the new CBDT chairman - May 01, 2008
- Panel set up on international taxation - May 03, 2012
- Moorthy appointed CBDT chairman - Jan 31, 2009
- Top-level vacancies frustrating tax targets: CBDT - Feb 03, 2010
- 300 parties have never filed tax returns: tax panel - Jul 17, 2011
- Vodafone was told about tax liability in Hutchison deal - May 02, 2012
- Cash, jewellery worth Rs.11.61 crore seized from Ponty Chadha - Feb 16, 2012
- IT department freezes accounts of Mahindra Satyam - Mar 22, 2011
- India to set up new agency to trace black money: Pranab - May 24, 2011
- Tax cases settled before April 1 won't be reopened: Mukherjee - May 30, 2012
Tags: bahadur singh, baroda, cbdt, chief commissioner, department of revenue, direct taxes, income tax department, India, july 1, ministry of finance, mumbai, narendra, New Delhi, post graduate, sanskrit, uttar pradesh, vigilance