Narender Modi inaugurates new manufacturing plant of Nano in GujaratJune 2nd, 2010 - 11:21 pm ICT by ANI
Sanand (Gujarat), June 2 (ANI): Gujarat Chief Minister Narender Modi inaugurated the manufacturing plant of Nano at Sanand, a city and municipality in Ahmedabad district, on Wednesday.
The manufacturing unit at Sanand in Gujarat would produce up to 700 cars a day, and will eventually have a workforce of 10,000 employees.
The first car from this plant rolled out in the presence of Tata Group’s Chairman Ratan Tata and other dignitaries.
Meanwhile, speaking on this occasion Modi said he was proud to reckon Sanand as the manufacturing land of Nano.
“An ordinary person always dreams of owning a car. The land of Sanand is trying to fulfill the dream of middle and lower middle class families. Today we are contributing to the nation,” said Modi.
On his part, Ratan Tata thanked Modi for providing a new home for manufacturing his company’s dream car, the Nano.
“We searched for another home for the Nano and we wanted to be sure that we could move in peace and harmony and be able to establish a new home for the plant. Mr Modi stood out amongst all the others in guaranteeing us whatever we needed to have this plant in place,” said Ratan Tata.
Nano’s main manufacturing unit was shifted from Singur in West Bengal in 2008 after its failure to commence production due to the protest by Trinamool Congress head Mamata Banerjee.
Meanwhile, later, strong and stormy winds, caused by cyclone Phet, forced cancellation of a scheduled conference related to the launching.
The gusty winds partially damaged a portion of the just inaugurated manufacturing unit of Tata Motors, spread over 1,100 hectare of land. (ANI)
- Nano's Sanand plant goes on stream (Lead) - Jun 02, 2010
- Tata Nano plant in Gujarat inaugurated - Jun 02, 2010
- First Nano from Gujarat unit rolls out Wednesday - Jun 02, 2010
- Some day Tata Motors will have plant in Bengal: Ratan Tata - Aug 31, 2012
- Some day Tata Motors will have plant in Bengal: Ratan Tata (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Singur farmers disappointed but still hopeful - Jun 22, 2012
- More investment from Tata group likely in Gujarat - Jun 02, 2010
- Modi to visit Japan, meet Suzuki officials (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Manesar violence blow to Maruti, may hit Japanese investment - Jul 20, 2012
- Jolt for Mamata as court annuls Singur land law (Roundup) - Jun 22, 2012
- Court scraps Singur land law, Mamata suffers setback (Second Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Nano was born out of a doodle by Ratan Tata - Oct 14, 2010
- 2007 accord on Tata's Singur plant land to be made public - May 26, 2011
- Tata compliments Mamata, she says thanks - Dec 15, 2011
- Ratan Tata regrets the company could not do Singur project - Aug 23, 2010
Tags: chairman ratan tata, chief minister, dignitaries, dream car, first car, gujarat, gusty winds, manufacturing plant, middle class families, modi, ordinary person, owning a car, peace and harmony, phet, singur, stormy winds, tata group, tata motors, trinamool congress, west bengal