Narayanan, Nair to continue in officeJune 2nd, 2009 - 3:13 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 2 (ANI): National Security Adviser (NSA) M K Narayanan and Prime Minister’s principal secretary T K A Nair will continue in office till further orders.
PMO sources on Tuesday said that the decision to keep Narayanan and Nair on board stemmed from a desire to ensure “continuity” and oversee proper implementation of the UPA Government’s flagships projects.
Last week, Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh had asked both to continue in their posts, which were co-terminus with that of the Prime Minister.
Narayanan was appointed as NSA on January 25, 2005, three weeks after the former NSA, J N Dixit died on January 3, 2005.
He offered to resign on November 30, 2008 over the attacks in Mumbai that killed nearly 200 people, but his resignation was not accepted by the Prime Minister.
T K A Nair was appointed principal secretary to the Prime Minister in 2004.
An Indian Administrative Service officer who retired in 1997, Nair was secretary to the then prime minister I K Gujral.
Nair, who belonged to the Punjab cadre, was also chief secretary to the Punjab Government. (ANI)
- Pulok Chatterjee to be back in PMO soon - Jul 26, 2011
- Gandhi confidant Pulok Chatterjee joins PMO - Oct 03, 2011
- NSA's role will be redefined as Narayanan exits - Jan 22, 2010
- Menon is new NSA, different role awaits him (Lead) - Jan 21, 2010
- NSA Menon humbled, conscious about his new job at PMO - Jan 21, 2010
- PMO set for a makeover, Sonia confidante may stage comeback - Jul 01, 2011
- Shiv Shanakar Menon to be new NSA - Jan 21, 2010
- Long-time aide Omita Paul is President Mukherjee's secretary - Jul 25, 2012
- Shiv Shankar Menon next NSA? - Jan 15, 2010
- Did not look the other way on 2G allocation, says PMO - Jul 31, 2011
- New Governors announced, Narayanan for West Bengal (Lead) - Jan 17, 2010
- Governors names finalised, Narayanan for West Bengal - Jan 16, 2010
- NSA Menon capitulated before Chidambaram: US cable - Sep 04, 2011
- PMO set for a shuffle, new faces likely - Jul 22, 2011
- PM's aide blocking Athirapally power project: Kerala minister - May 12, 2011
Tags: administrative service officer, chief secretary, dr manmohan singh, flagships, gujral, indian administrative service, j n dixit, manmohan, manmohan singh, nair, narayanan, national security adviser, New Delhi, nsa, prime minister, principal secretary, proper implementation, punjab government, resignation, terminus