Narayan Tripathi resigns from Samajwadi PartyFebruary 7th, 2009 - 6:02 pm ICT by ANI
Bhopal, Feb 7 (ANI): Narayan Tripathi resigned from Samajwadi Party today, in opposition of the increasing closeness of Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav with former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Kalyan Singh.
The former Madhya Pradesh Samajwadi Party president Tripathi has sent his resignation letter to Mulayam Singh Yadav, who is supporting Kalyan Singh despite of his involvement in the much critisised demolition of the Babri Masjid.
Tripathi said that he is an ardent follower of secularism and is hurt due to Mulayam Singhs change of ideology.
In the wake of growing anguish among the new political friend Mulayam Singhs party supporters and Muslim community over their friendship, Kalyan Singh on Wednesday took upon himself the total responsibility for Babri mosques demolition, as the then chief minister of Uttar Pradesh in 1992.
Kalyan Singh is likely to campaign for Mulayam Singh in the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections. (ANI)
- Mulayam Singh apologies to Muslim community - Jul 15, 2010
- Mulayam's apology to Muslim community a political gimmick: Mayawati - Jul 15, 2010
- Samajwadi Party leader quits over ties with Kalyan - Feb 08, 2009
- Samajwadi Party revokes expulsion of Azam Khan - Nov 03, 2010
- Mulayam apologises to Muslims for aligning with Kalyan - Jul 15, 2010
- Rift in Madhya Pradesh Samajawadi Party - Feb 08, 2009
- Mulayam welcomes Azam Khan back in party fold - Dec 04, 2010
- Mulayam Singh Yadav: the Phoenix rises again (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Kalyan Singh takes full responsibility of Babri mosque demolition - Feb 05, 2009
- Cancel my son-in-law's ticket: Bukhari - Apr 06, 2012
- Supreme Court issues notice to Advani and others in Babri Masjid demolition case - Mar 04, 2011
- Factsheet: Timeline of the Ayodhya Dispute - May 09, 2011
- Kalyan Singh says BJP kept him in dark about Babri demolition - May 02, 2009
- Mulayam Singh Yadav: the Phoenix rises again - Mar 06, 2012
- Amar Singh denies role in Samajwadi Party's friendship with Kalyan Singh - May 10, 2009
Tags: anguish, ardent follower, babri masjid, chief minister, closeness, demolition, kalyan singh, lok sabha elections, madhya pradesh, mosques, mulayam singh yadav, muslim community, party chief, party president, party supporters, political friend, resignation letter, secularism, tripathi, uttar pradesh