Nagpur youngsters revisit Indian freedom struggle via devotional songsNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:27 am ICT by admin
For the youth, eager to know about leaders and their contribution during freedom movement against the East India Company and, later, the British, the Kirtan Mahotsava was a big occasion to learn.
“Through this Kirtan Mahotsava (devotional songs festival) the youngsters will come to know about the leaders who sacrificed their lives for the country,” said Rinmay Kulkarni, from the audience.
It was felt that there was a need to remind the youth about country’s glorious history.
“Students, lacking in awareness about history find the medium of Kirtan (devotional song) a better way to know history and listen to it with zeal and enthusiasm. Through this festival we can inform people about the revolutionary leaders of this country,” said Dilip Dabir, the organiser.
During the festival, the lives of famous Jhansi Queen, one of the major revolutionaries from the 1857 freedom struggle and other popular freedom fighters like Tatya Tope, Vasudev Balwant Phadke, Chapekar brothers and other freedom fighters were narrated through song.
This festival covered India’s freedom struggle from 1857 to 1947.
The festival that concluded on Saturday (Nov.3) was participated by various distinguished personalities. (ANI)
- Delhi couple pens book on forgotten heroes of independence - Feb 03, 2011
- Film on descendants of martyrs of freedom struggle - Aug 24, 2011
- A glimpse of historic Cellular Jail in Mumbai - Jan 24, 2012
- Bangladeshi 'Guerrilla' a huge draw at Agartala film fest - Dec 26, 2011
- Fascinating post-mortem of Indian Left (IANS Book Review) - Nov 22, 2011
- Delhi arts fest to kick off with ode to Tagore - Oct 30, 2011
- Pledge to be responsible citizens: TV stars - Aug 15, 2011
- This is not the India we fought for, say freedom fighters - Aug 15, 2011
- Goa's freedom fighters disillusioned, to boycott liberation's 50th anniversary - Dec 16, 2011
- Congress marks 'Quit India' movement's 70th anniversary - Aug 10, 2012
- After 80 years, revolutionaries get graduation degrees - Mar 22, 2012
- Hindus laud Vatican for Jewish concert and urge Pope to organize Kirtan recital soon - Nov 12, 2010
- Text of president's speech - Aug 14, 2012
- India needs 'freedom movement' to root out corruption: Dosanjh - Feb 11, 2011
- Mumbai celebrates Ram Navami with devotion - Apr 01, 2012