Naga consultative meet calls for an end to factional killingsMarch 18th, 2009 - 9:08 pm ICT by ANI
By Vibou Ganguly Kohima, March 18 (ANI): Following growing concern of the various sections of society over incidents of factional clashes in the State, a first of its kind Naga Consultative meet was recently held in Nagaland.
The event themed “One Dream, One Future” reflected the fact that people are deeply disturbed by disturbances in the State.
The three-day consultative meet witnessed intensive and detailed discussions on various topics. Besides, it also addressed the suffering of the Naga people and resolved to work towards all-round development in the region.
Participants during the meet focused on finding the best approach to bring an end to violence and ensure peace in the State.
They had come together on a common platform represented by every tribe, civil society and church to take the Naga peace process forward.
Nephieu Rio, the Chief Minister of Nagaland, thanked all for coming together to attend the important meet and contributing towards bringing about a better understanding and unity among people besides ensuring a lasting peace.
Let us come together and work together. Let us bring an end to all the sufferings and the hardships,” said Rev. Louliehu Yimsung, Global Indigenous Prayer Network, Australia.
The main stress of the meet, however, was on oneness and understanding.
Representatives of various factions of the Naga underground groups also participated in the event which hoped to end faction fights and fratricidal killings in the state. (ANI)
- Peace meet held to mend troubled relations between Assam, Nagaland - Feb 26, 2011
- Of reconciliation and roadblocks in Nagaland (News Analysis) - Mar 23, 2010
- Centre to hold talks with NSCN-IM on Tuesday in Nagaland - May 31, 2010
- Rival factions of Nagaland end hostilities - Sep 21, 2010
- Nagaland hold State Level National Integration camp - Jul 18, 2009
- 'Northeast women playing key role in peace process' - Jan 19, 2011
- Nagaland returning to normalcy - Sep 03, 2012
- Peace meet held to mend troubled relations between Assam, Nagaland - Mar 26, 2011
- New Delhi's talks with Muivah fail, Manipur blockade continues - May 12, 2010
- Naga tribes vow to promote peace and unity in Nagaland - Jun 29, 2009
- Peace and reconciliation convention held in Nagaland - Mar 07, 2009
- Centre, Muivah to have second round of talks in Nagaland on Monday - May 29, 2010
- Peace talks between NSCN (IM) leader and Centre held - Jun 02, 2010
- NSCN leader Muivah's Delhi visit brings hope of peace among Nagas - Mar 07, 2010
- Thailand gives Nagaland condom vending machine - Aug 29, 2012
Tags: chief minister, clashes, fact that people, faction, factions, ganguly, growing concern, hardships, killings, lasting peace, network australia, oneness, peace process, prayer network, rio, sufferings, tribe, underground groups, unity, violence