Mysore Police takes Sri Ram Sene chief into custodyApril 6th, 2009 - 6:40 pm ICT by ANI
Mysore, Apr. 6 (ANI): Sri Ram Sene leader Pramod Muthalik was taken into preventive custody on Monday.
“Muthalik had come to visit the Kyatharamanhalli suburb, where group clashes took place this week,” Mysore police said, adding that the prohibitory orders had been imposed in the area under Section 144.
“Muthalik was taken into preventive custody as soon as he landed in Mysore,” they said.
The Sri Ram Sene was involved in an attack on a Mangalore pub in January.
Sri Rama Sene activists had then barged into the lounge bar “Amnesia”, abused the owner and customers and beat up women, even as they tried to run to safety. (ANI)
- Sri Ram Sene Chief Pramod Muthalik banned from Mangalore - Mar 16, 2009
- Muthalik will be arrested if he enters Goa: Parrikar (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Action against those inviting Muthalik to Goa: CM - Jul 18, 2012
- Goa CM dismisses Sri Ram Sene chief as inconsequential - Jun 27, 2012
- Muthalik's entry in Karnataka district banned - Mar 16, 2009
- Muthalik held for inciting communal clashes in Mysore - Jul 25, 2009
- No religion for purpose of statecraft: Parrikar - Jun 13, 2012
- Mumbai ATS to probe Sri Rama Sene-Purohit links - Jan 29, 2009
- Ram Sene should be monitored: Congress - Jun 21, 2012
- Girls thrashed at Karnataka's Mangalore for partying - Jul 28, 2012
- Mangalore hooligans get bail, their leader promises to behave (Lead) - Jan 31, 2009
- Pramod Muthalik justifies pub action, says will carry on protest peacefully - Feb 05, 2009
- Deal with Sri Rama Sene like a terror outfit, says Faleiro - Jun 25, 2012
- Ram Sene chief Muthalik attacked in Bangalore - Feb 11, 2010
- Rama Sene chief apologises for Mangalore attack (Lead) - Jan 28, 2009