Muzaffarabad delegation returns after ’successful’ visitOctober 16th, 2008 - 11:11 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Oct 16 (IANS) A business delegation from Muzaffarabad in Pakistan-administered Kashmir returned home Thursday after a “successful and encouraging” week-long visit to Jammu and Kashmir ahead of the launch of cross-Line of Control (LoC) trade next week.The 19-member delegation, headed by Zulfiqar Abbasi, had arrived here Oct 9 to discuss the modalities of cross-LoC trade with traders in summer capital Srinagar and winter capital Jammu.
They visited the fruit market in Sopore in north Kashmir, the largest such in the Valley.
“Our visit has been both successful and encouraging. A new chapter in the history of Kashmir is about to be written in golden letters,” Abbasi told reporters in Sopore.
“We have been received with open arms both in Srinagar and Jammu. We are carrying back those wonderful memories with us,” he said.
The delegation crossed the LoC at the Kaman Post near the border town of Uri, using the Srinagar-Muzaffarabad bus service.
The service between the two parts of divided Kashmir was also used by 83 other passengers, 47 going from here to Muzaffarabad and 36 coming here.
Cross LoC trade through the Srinagar-Muzaffarabad and Poonch-Rawalakote routes is scheduled to begin Oct 21.
- Cross LoC travel: India unilaterally increases stay period to six months - Mar 26, 2011
- Home secretary reviews cross-LOC trade at Poonch - May 17, 2012
- High hopes in Kashmir as India meets Pakistan - Jul 24, 2011
- Cross-LoC trade needs financial mechanisms: Omar - Apr 04, 2012
- Cross LoC trade hampered by barter system, lack of banking (With Image) - Mar 01, 2012
- Fast-track LOC trade, travel: Mufti Sayeed - Apr 06, 2012
- First joint trade chamber for divided Kashmir chooses chief - Feb 09, 2012
- Union home secretary in Kashmir, meets Omar - May 16, 2012
- Trade across Line of Control picking up - Mar 23, 2010
- India, Pakistan discuss additional CBMs for Kashmir - Jul 19, 2012
- Indian potatoes and tomatoes for flood ravaged Pakistan - Aug 25, 2010
- India, Pakistan foreign ministers begin talks - Jul 27, 2011
- Pakistani traders want to boost trade with India - Feb 06, 2011
- Preparations in full swing in Kashmir valley for cross border trade along LoC - Oct 01, 2008
- Pakistani traders want more trade with India - Feb 05, 2011