Muthaliks Sri Rama Sene to support Varun GandhiMarch 24th, 2009 - 9:54 pm ICT by ANI
Bangalore, Mar 24 (ANI): Sri Rama Sene chief Pramod Muthalik has said that he and his group would support the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Varun Gandhi, who is in trouble after his alleged anti-Muslim speech.
Muthalik also said that Gandhi had the guts to speak the truth.
He has the guts to speak the truth. Rama Sene would support him. I think every true Hindu would support him, Muthalik said on the sidelines of a function organised by the Vishwa Hindu Dharma Rakshana Vedike at the Town Hall here.
Muthalik said that Gandhis statement has made Hindus realise that they were being treated badly in the country.
The other guests at the function were Kolada Mutt and the Brahmathanthra Parakala Mutt.
Muthalik is the founder of the Sri Rama Sene, which came into light after its workers attacked a group of women in a Mangalore pub in January.
Muthalik has now been banned entry for a year in Mangalore. The group has also been banned in Goa. (ANI)
- Sri Rama Sene will support Varun Gandhi: Pramod Muthalik - Mar 24, 2009
- Goa CM dismisses Sri Ram Sene chief as inconsequential - Jun 27, 2012
- Deal with Sri Rama Sene like a terror outfit, says Faleiro - Jun 25, 2012
- Ram Sene should be monitored: Congress - Jun 21, 2012
- Action against those inviting Muthalik to Goa: CM - Jul 18, 2012
- No religion for purpose of statecraft: Parrikar - Jun 13, 2012
- Ram Sene chief Muthalik attacked in Bangalore - Feb 11, 2010
- Girls thrashed at Karnataka's Mangalore for partying - Jul 28, 2012
- 'Rent-a-riot' Muthalik pays for his fanaticism (Letter from Bangalore) - May 21, 2010
- Muthalik may be banned from entering Goa - Mar 19, 2009
- Pramod Muthalik moves court against ban in Goa - Sep 23, 2009
- Sri Ram Sene Chief Pramod Muthalik banned from Mangalore - Mar 16, 2009
- Muthalik will be arrested if he enters Goa: Parrikar (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Muthalik's entry in Karnataka district banned - Mar 16, 2009
- Goa government bans Sri Rama Sene - Mar 21, 2009