Muthalik’s Sri Ram Sene banned in South GoaApril 4th, 2009 - 5:23 pm ICT by ANI
Panaji, Apr 4 (ANI): After banning the Sri Ram Sene from North Goa District, the Government of Goa has now banned the controversial outfit from the South Goa as well.
“We have issued a notification on Friday. The Sri Ram Sene is banned in South Goa too,” South District collector Mihir Vardhan said.
Goa Home Minister Ravi Naik had recommended the ban after its chief Pramod Muthalik, warned that the outfit would attack pubs in the state.
Muthalik gained notoriety after the activists of Sri Ram Sene attacked young women at a Mangalore pub in January.
Importantly, South Goa District is close to the border with Karnataka. (ANI)
- Action against those inviting Muthalik to Goa: CM - Jul 18, 2012
- Goa CM dismisses Sri Ram Sene chief as inconsequential - Jun 27, 2012
- Muthalik will be arrested if he enters Goa: Parrikar (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Sri Rama Sene not banned in Goa: official - Apr 03, 2009
- Pramod Muthalik moves court against ban in Goa - Sep 23, 2009
- No religion for purpose of statecraft: Parrikar - Jun 13, 2012
- Deal with Sri Rama Sene like a terror outfit, says Faleiro - Jun 25, 2012
- Sri Ram Sene will not find any takers in Goa: Naik - Mar 17, 2009
- Ram Sene should be monitored: Congress - Jun 21, 2012
- Muthalik may be banned from entering Goa - Mar 19, 2009
- Goa shuts its doors to Sri Rama Sene and Muthalik - Mar 17, 2009
- Goa government bans Sri Rama Sene - Mar 21, 2009
- 'Rent-a-riot' Muthalik pays for his fanaticism (Letter from Bangalore) - May 21, 2010
- Goa may ban Muthalik's entry, BJP backs the move (Lead) - Mar 19, 2009
- Ram Sene chief Muthalik attacked in Bangalore - Feb 11, 2010